Apple Pie Tacos are a fun twist on the classic apple pie recipe. A cinnamon sugared shell filled with an easy homemade apple filling and a drizzle of caramel sauce over the top.
I received complimentary product from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #sponsored
It’s the first day of #FallFlavors week – a week where food bloggers are going to wow you with recipes using all the fall foods with the help of some awesome sponsors. Sponsors that generously provided us with products to use in our creations, plus a wonderful giveaway with SIX prize packages to be won. At the end of this post, you will find the giveaway and how to enter plus all of today’s recipes linked up.
I’m starting the week with these delicious apple pie tacos. I used Dixie Crystals sugar in this recipe for the apple filling and the cinnamon sugar mixture on the shells. It’s the only sugar I use for whenever recipes call for sugar, brown sugar, or powdered sugar. Torani’s Green Apple Puremade Syrup gave the apple pie filling a little bit of tartness that complimented the sweetness of the taco shell. I also used Torani’s Caramel Puremade Syrup to drizzle over the sweet tacos. It’s also so good drizzled in your coffee!
How to make cinnamon sugar taco shells
Not all recipes with soft taco shells need to be savory. Making a sweet mini taco with them is easy to do. I used a 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut rounds out from the flour tortilla shells. Side note: the scraps can be used to make cinnamon sugar chips to snack on.
The next step is to combine the 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a bowl.
Then toss the tortilla rounds in the mixture to coat.
Once that is done, you will use the back side of a muffin tin to form the mini taco shells. Then bake them for 5 – 6 minutes.
Allow them to cool completely before removing from the muffin tin. Side note: these mini sweet shells can be filled with many sweet fillings like ice cream, any fruit pie filling, and more. Try these Pina Colada Tacos!
How to make apple pie filling
Peel, core, and dice 4 apples. I used Gala apples but Honeycrisp, or Fuji apples all work great in this recipe. Be sure to dice the apples small enough that they will fit into the mini shells. Mine were about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch cubes.
In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 2 tablespoons Torani Green Apple Puremade Syrup, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix well.
Heat a skillet on medium heat and melt two tablespoons coconut oil. Add the apple mixture and sauté for 5- 10 minutes until soft. Time will depend on how small your cuts are so be sure to test to see if the apples are done at the 5 minute mark. Once done, cool slightly and then fill the shells with the apple filling. Drizzle Torani’s Caramel sauce over the tacos and top each with a maraschino cherry.
Tips for Apple Pie Tacos
You can substitute a canned apple pie filling in place of making homemade filling. Use a 21-ounce can and dice the apple pieces into smaller pieces before use.
Make ahead tip: You can bake the taco shells and prepare the filling a day in advance. When it’s time to serve, heat the filling up and assemble the tacos.
Apple Pie Tacos
For the cinnamon sugar shells:
- 5 large flour tortilla shells
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
For the apple pie filling:
- 4 Gala apples (you can also use Honeycrisp or Fuji)
- 2 tablespoons Torani Green Apple Puremade Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- caramel sauce, maraschino cherries, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray the bottom of two 12-cup muffins tins with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Using a 3-inch biscuit or round cookie cutter, cut rounds out from the flour tortilla shells. Toss the rounds in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
- Place all the mini taco shells between the crevices of the upside-down muffin tin and bake the shells in the oven for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before removing from muffin tin.
- Peel, core, and dice 4 apples. Be sure to dice the apples small enough that they will fit into the mini shells. Mine were about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 2 tablespoons Torani Green Apple Puremade Syrup, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix well.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and melt two tablespoons coconut oil. Add the apple mixture and sauté for 5- 10 minutes until soft. Time will depend on how small your cuts are so be sure to test to see if the apples are done at the 5 minute mark.
- Once done, cool slightly and then fill the shells with the apple filling.
- Drizzle Torani's Caramel sauce over the tacos and top each with a maraschino cherry.
The wonderful #FallFlavors sponsors have donated some awesome prizes for our readers to win. They, in conjunction with our participating bloggers and event hosts, Family Around the Table, A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures, and Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks invite you to enter the giveaway through the widget below. There are many opportunities to enter!
Dixie Crystals Sugar wants your baking to be sweet. They are giving away a set of OXO Good Grips 3 piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls.
Taylor and Colledge is giving away a variety of their baking pastes. Your fall and holiday baked goods will wow your family and guests.
Take dinner to a whole new level with a variety box of fresh produce from Melissa’s. Here’s an opportunity to try some fruits and vegetables you may not otherwise have in your local market.
One lucky winner will receive a goodie box with a variety of Nairn’s gluten-free products. Enjoy them for a snack or use them in creative ways for meals and desserts.
This giveaway will have multiple winners. Giveaway open to US residents only who are 18 years of age and older. Winners have 24 hours to respond to email notification. If they do not respond within that time they forfeit, and a new winner is chosen. Void where prohibited. Prize fulfillment handled by the sponsor. Neither hosts nor participant bloggers are responsible for prize fulfillment. No purchase necessary. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the posts or entry.
Follow the Fall Flavors Pinterest board for more fall recipe inspiration!
Here’s what we made for Monday:
- Apple Butternut Squash Casserole by That Recipe
- Apple Pie Tacos Recipe by Blogghetti
- Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars by Lemon Blossoms
- Apple Tea-ramisu by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Butternut Squash Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls by Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Crisp by Big Bears Wife
- Caramel Apple Empanadas by Take Two Tapas
- Caramel Apple Ice Cream Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Caramel Apple Spice Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Caramel Apple Tea Cake by An Affair from the Heart
- Caramel Swirl Pound Cake by Family Around the Table
- Creamy Sweet Potato and Sunchoke Soup by Eat Move Make
- Easy Sausage And Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner by Intelligent Domestications
- Fall Harvest Potato Beet Soup by Frugal & Fit
- Fall Punch Mocktail by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Fall Vegetable Breakfast Hash by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Green Appletini Martini by Art of Natural Living
- Grilled Apple and Pear Salad with Maple Walnut Vinaigrette by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Meyer Lemon Scones by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pear Almond Crumble Pie by Savory Moments
- Pear Brown Betty by Cookaholic Wife
- Plum Kuchen by Palatable Pastime
- Scalloped Potatoes with Sweet Potatoes, Fennel, and Leeks by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Smashed Roasted Rosemary & Garlic Potatoes by Simple and Savory
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Toasted Pecan Filling by Books n’ Cooks
- Sunchoke Ricotta Gnocchi with Walnut Thyme Butter Sauce by The Spiffy Cookie
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Thank you #FallFlavors Week Sponsors: Melissa’s Produce, Dixie Crystals, Torani, Republic of Tea, Taylor & Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are my own. The #FallFlavors Week giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #FallFlavors Week Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors Week posts or entry.