Delicious Soft Pumpkin Cookies are made with real pumpkin and spices and frosted with a homemade cream cheese frosting. The cookies are a perfect fall treat.
I received complimentary product from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #sponsored
I’m so excited to be a part of Pumpkin Week this year! It’s my first time with this event and I am having a grand time. It’s approaching Fall and that means all things PUMPKIN will be featured in sweet treat recipes and in savory dishes. This week 33 bloggers and I have teamed up to bring you over 140 recipes with one thing in common – Pumpkin.
We are also joined by some amazing sponsors who generously provided us with samples to help us create our yummy recipes.
My first recipe this week are these delicious soft pumpkin cookies with my favorite homemade cream cheese frosting. I used Dixie Crystals sugar, creamy Cabot Creamery Co-Operative butter, and orange sugar crystals from Sweets & Treats. I also used real pumpkin in the cookies so they are extra moist and soft. Thank you to all of the sponsors for providing us with quality products that we trust and love!
Tips to Make these Soft Pumpkin Cookies:
Start by whisking the dry ingredients in one bowl so that the contents is evenly distributed and another for the wet ingredients. Baking is a science so you want all of your ingredients evenly mixed throughout your batter not in clumps. You will do less mixing (over mixing causes batters to become tough) by using two bowls.
For this recipe, your wet ingredients include the butter, sugars, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla. Since sugar dissolves easily in liquids, it’s best to consider it part of the wet ingredients.
Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet and mix till combined. Don’t over mix. I used a stand mixer but an electric handled mixer will work as well.
Using a cookie scoop (about one tablespoon), place cookie dough balls on your prepared baking sheet and bake. I like to let the cookies sit on the baking sheet a minute or two once they come out of the oven to finish baking and firm up a little before removing to a cooling rack.
While the cookies are cooling, make the cream cheese frosting. This frosting is amazing and so creamy. Just the right amount of sweetness, too.
Frost your cookies and add some festive orange colored sugar crystals. Since the cookies have a cream cheese frosting, it’s best to store them in the refrigerator, if they last that long to get there!
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cookies:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Cabot Creamery unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 pkg (8 oz) reduced cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup Cabot Creamery unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 cups Dixie Crystals powdered sugar
- colored sugar, sprinkles
To make the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat, parchment paper, or spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer (or electric hand mixer), cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add 1 cup pumpkin, the egg, and vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture. Beat until the mixture is creamy and combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients, a little at a time and mix until just combined.
- Using a one tablespoon cookie scoop, place cookie dough on prepared baking sheet, about an inch apart. The batter will be a bit wet, this is normal and the cookies will be fine.
- Bake for 10 - 13 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly brown and cookies are baked through.. Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes on the baking pan before removing to a wire cooling rack to cool.
To make the cream cheese frosting:
- Beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix well. Add enough powdered sugar until you have the frosting the consistency you want. I use about 3 1/2 cups.
- Frost cookies and add colored sugar crystals or sprinkles
- Because the cookies have a cream cheese frosting, they are best kept in the refrigerator.
Monday’s recipes for #PumpkinWeek:
Butterscotch Pumpkin Spice Latte from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew from Food Above Gold
Pumpkin Butterscotch Smoothie from The Mandatory Mooch
Pumpkin Pie Mule from Seduction In The Kitchen
Spooky Sugar Pumpkin Shake from For the Love of Food
White Pumpkin-Spiced Hot Chocolate from Our Good Life
Pumpkin Breakfasts & Baked Goods:
3-Ingredient Cheater Pumpkin Muffins from Shockingly Delicious
Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Brown Butter Glaze from The Crumby Kitchen
Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Muffins from Red Cottage Chronicles
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Pumpkin Butter from Everyday Eileen
Pumpkin Butter from Jen Around the World
Pumpkin Coffee Cake from It Bakes Me Happy
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast from Sweet Beginnings
Pumpkin French Toast with Maple Butter from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Roll Cake from Love & Confections
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Cinnamon Rolls from The Baking Fairy
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
Cheesy Corn Pumpkin Dip from Caroline’s Cooking
Pumpkin Deviled Eggs from 4 Sons R Us
Pumpkin Herb Cheese Ball from The Spiffy Cookie
Pumpkin Pancetta Risotto from The Redhead Baker
Amish Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting from Palatable Pastime
Gluten Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Frugal & Fit
Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes from Big Bear’s Wife
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites from The Beard and The Baker
Mini Pumpkin Spice Trifles from My Sweet Zepol
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Pie Fudge from Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
Pumpkin Pudding from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Pumpkin Spice Biscotti from Creative Southern Home
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream from Family Around the Table
Pumpkin Sprinkle Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting from Blogghetti
Spiced Pumpkin and Apple Cakes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Fall is in the air, and we are celebrating our love of pumpkin with #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. All week-long 34 bloggers will be sharing 140+ fantastic recipes for all your Autumn celebrations, including breakfasts, baked goods, savory pumpkin recipes, desserts, and drinks.
Thank you to #PumpkinWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Sweets & Treats, Torani, and Cabot Creamery Co-operative for providing the bloggers with samples and product to use for #PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #PumpkinWeek posts or entry.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!