Busy schedules need more crock pot meals! I am winding down the semester, just a couple more weeks to go before finals so the rush is on to get it done. Thank goodness I’ll have a couple of months to get the brain cells to regenerate before my one summer class begins in July. This week, I’ve been trying to get everything ready for Easter, a care package to the daughter who’s getting ready for her finals, and keeping up with my own studies. With all of that, I don’t have the time (or brain cells) to be thinking “what’s for dinner” – I want it be ready when it’s dinner time!
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce I use Sweet Baby Rays
- 1 cup apricot preserves peach would work too
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix do not mix with water
- 2 tbsp water
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. This makes for easy clean up.
- Place chicken breasts inside the crockpot.
- Mix together the BBQ sauce and preserves in a small bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle the dry soup mix over the top and then sprinkle the water over the soup mix.
- Cover with the lid. Cook on low for 5 - 7 hours.
- Serve as I did with green beans with walnuts and balsamic and roasted potatoes or over rice is great too.Enjoy!