Change up your next green bean side dish simply by adding some toasted walnuts and balsamic vinegar. Take those beans to the next level of flavors. This side dish is a snap to make and will be a great compliment to nearly any entree.
- 1 pound fresh green beans trimmed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
To toast the walnuts:
- Heat a small skillet over med-high heat (no oil, butter, spray is needed). Add the chopped walnuts and toast till lightly browned. Takes about 5 minutes or so. Stir often to prevent burning.
For the Green Beans:
- In another skillet, melt butter over med-high heat. When melted add the green beans and saute them for about 4 minutes, turning the beans a few times. You want the beans to still have a "crisp" bite to them so be sure to not to over cook them.
- Add the walnuts and heat through, about 1 minute, then add the garlic and cook 1 more minute, stirring to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Turn off heat, and add the balsamic vinegar, toss the beans and walnuts to coat with the vinegar.