the end of the school year, vacations, and farmer’s markets. Farmer’s markets amaze me, the colors and displays of fresh fruits, vegetables, and meats all get me wanting to buy everything they have to sell. I’m like a kid in a candy store at these places!
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz. each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups sliced firm ripe yellow peaches (2 cups = about 4 small)
- 1 can (14.5 oz. each) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in skillet. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned, turning once. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add balsamic vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peaches and drained tomatoes.
- Return chicken to skillet. Cover, reduce heat and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F). Sprinkle with basil just before serving.