My love for biscotti grows every time I find a new recipe but when I make it from a recipe that I have had forever, I am in heaven. I think the best part (for me) of making these delicious crisp, dunking cookies is that I am the ONLY one in my house that likes (adores) them! You know what that means: I get to eat them all and they last a long time because there is no one that will eat that last one that I have been waiting for all day long. It’s all MINE. Totally not like that with any other baked goods that I make so I get really excited for this moment.
This Cranberry-Almond Biscotti is drizzled with melted dark chocolate and is divine on its own but just as yummy when dunked into coffee.
Would it be a stretch to say this biscotti is healthy? I mean cranberries, almonds, AND dark chocolate are ALL so good for you! Yes, I’m declaring this biscotti a health food. Don’t judge me.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar at medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the almond extract.
- With the mixer on, slowly add the melted butter and combine.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in, by hand, the dried cranberries and almonds.
- Lightly flour your hands, shape the dough into 2 slightly flattened 10-inch logs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden. Let the logs cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, slice the logs ½ inch thick on the diagonal.
- Arrange the slices on the baking sheet cut sides up and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the biscotti are lightly browned and crisp.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Drizzle cooled biscotti with the melted chocolate.
- Store in an air-tight container.