Uncommon Goods has the perfect gift for those picky or one-of-a-kind persons on your gift list. Quality hand-crafted and unique gifts that will become memorable treasures for years.
Disclaimer: I was provided with a free product in return for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own and not influenced by the developing company, and/or it’s affiliates, in any way.
Purchasing gifts for some of the people on your holiday list (or any time of the year) can be hard if you aren’t sure what to buy, what they will like, or even use. We all have a couple of picky people on our lists – not that they’ll admit it. So when it comes time to purchase that “perfect” gift, it takes some brain cells! That’s where Uncommon Goods comes into play. I think of Uncommon Goods as a “virtual artist and craftmaker” show and it’s definitely going to have you spending some time browsing, just like the brick and mortar craft shows do. Christmas is right around the corner, and I bet you can find the perfect gift for anyone in your family or a few unique stocking stuffers.
I was asked to review a product from Uncommon Goods, and give you my thoughts on it and their site. Let me tell you a bit about the company, and why I chose to do this review. Uncommon Goods is a community of passionate artists and the people who love their products and the stories behind each of the unique works of art. Sustainability is a big deal with this company, and it proudly shines through from artists using environmental friendly materials whenever possible to maintaining relationships with non-profit organizations.
They also started the Better to Give program which builds better businesses by connecting customers with non-profits around the world. For every purchase you make on Uncommon Goods, they donate money to the Better to Give partner of your choice. Since the inception of this program in 2001, they have donated over 1 million dollars! Paying it forward pays off. Uncommon Goods also has several community opportunities from a scholarship to submitting your own works of art and more.
It’s no wonder I jumped at the chance to review a product and their site. I absolutely love their mission and the fantastic work they do to support artists and crafters around the world. Have you ever wondered what the stories were behind some of your hand crafted items that you may have bought? On Uncommon Goods, each artist shares his or her story and inspiration, plus you will also be able to read the details about the products including how to care for the items. Many of the items on the site are simply one-of-a-kind and can be keepsakes and treasured for years.
The Uncommon Goods site is very user friendly, and you can even mark items as your “favorites.” While I did that, I also created a Wish List of Gifts board on Pinterest filled with unique gift ideas for anyone. Okay, I’ll admit I pinned several for myself.
I chose to review this gorgeous stoneware set of nesting mixing bowls that are handmade in the USA. There are 3 bowls in the set and each one has a unique handle and pour spout. The bowls are microwavable, dishwasher-safe, and oven-safe. How great is that?! I love them, and they have been well used in my baking lately, as well as heating up sauces in the microwave. The bowls are not as heavy as I anticipated they would be, which is a big plus. You can purchase the bowls as a set or individually. I’m thinking that I want another small bowl.
Giveaway! (giveaway is over)
Fine Print details about the giveaway:
- Submit your entries via the Rafflecopter above.
- Prize cannot be redeemed for cash. No purchase necessary.
- Uncommon Goods will be sending out the $50 gift certificate to the winner.
- As always, your email will not be shown and will be kept private. Giveaways are open to readers 18 years or older.
- Giveaway Dates: 11/17/17 12 AM EST until 11/30/17 12 AM EST
- Winner will be announced on the blog, and also will be contacted via email or private message. To receive the item you may be asked to furnish your name, email, and shipping address. This information will be required so that we can send you the gift certificate.
- Winner will have 48 hours to reply to winning email or another winner will be chosen.
- This giveaway is in no way endorsed, affiliated or associated with Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Media Networking Site. Entrants must be 18+ years of age to enter. This giveaway will end at 12:00 AM (EST) on 11/30/17!