There is no better way to celebrate fall than with these Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Muffins. Deliciously moist, and fluffy muffins that have a cream cheese topping coming together to make a perfect muffin.
As I am sipping my coffee with pumpkin spice creamer this morning, I am wishing for one of these Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Muffins. They went fast! The combination of the pumpkin and the cream cheese is absolutely amazing. I love everything about fall weather, from the colors of the trees changing to all of the fall-inspired foods. I can pull out my sweaters and hoodies to wear, and fill my house with the scents of pumpkin spices, and cinnamon. It’s a no-brainer that I would bake up a batch of pumpkin spice muffins. My house smelled so good!
The muffins are super easy to mix up, and you do so by hand. No dragging out the stand mixer for this one. I used Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil in this recipe because I wanted that hint of butter and coconut. It made the muffins even better, and by how fast they were gobbled up, everyone here agreed. For this recipe, my best tip is to make sure your cream cheese is softened and at room temperature. This will make it easy to blend together without lumps.
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter flavored coconut oil, melted (I use this one)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place paper baking liners into muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt; whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, sugar and brown sugar until well combined using a whisk.
- Then beat in eggs, butter flavored coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Slowly, whisk in the flour mixture until there are no lumps.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about ¾ full. Set aside.
- In a clean medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in sugar, egg yolk and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mix.
- Use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!