These black bean and corn quesadillas are a perfect quick under 20 minute dinner for nights when you need dinner on the table fast.
Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated when it comes to getting food on the table fast. Nor do you have to call for take-out food when you can make these black bean and corn quesadillas in less than 20 minutes. Take-out food doesn’t even get to your house in that time! Add a side salad with the quesadillas, and dinner is a go.
We found this great frozen corn from Green Giant a couple of years ago and we are in love with it. There is something about roasted corn that makes it so much better. Then when you add the sweetness of honey and some red bell peppers, it’s over the top good. I love making this from scratch but when times tight, I grab a bag from the freezer to use.
The black bean and corn quesadillas are easy to prepare and cook up fast. Cleanup is a breeze by using the one bowl and one skillet. My best tip for this recipe would be to have all of your ingredients ready to go when before you start to cook. Thaw the corn, rinse the beans, shred the cheese, dice the onion, and garlic.
This would also be a perfect Meatless Monday meal, but anytime is great for these black bean and corn quesadillas!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of thawed honey roasted sweet corn (I use this one)
- ½ small red onion, diced finely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- juice from half a lime
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the thawed corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until kernels begin to brown, about 3 to 5 minutes; transfer corn to medium bowl.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat until hot add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and chili powder and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in beans and cook until heated through, about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the corn back to the skillet and toss to combine. Gently press mixture with spatula to lightly crush black beans.
- Transfer mixture to now-empty bowl, add the lime juice in and toss to combine.
- If needed, wipe out the skillet with paper towels and return pan to medium heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Place 1 tortilla in skillet and sprinkle with a layer of cheese, a heaping scoop of the corn and bean mixture, and another light layer of cheese. Top with another tortilla.
- Cook until the cheese is almost melted and the bottom tortilla is golden.
- Use a large spatula to carefully flip the tortilla to the other side. Cook until cheese is melted and bottomo tortilla is golden brown.
- Remove from pan, repeat making quesadillas three more times
- Cut quesadillas in quarters and serve with as is or with sour cream and salsa.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!