As I am sitting here enjoying my morning cup of coffee enjoying the quiet in the house, I realized that I have one week till I begin my last year in college. I never ever thought this would get here and without the love and support of my husband who gave me the green light to quit my job to pursue this, it would never have happened. I cannot begin to tell you how excited (and nervous) I am to finally be able to reach this goal and then to (hopefully) become gainfully employed at a job that I will love and can use this degree.
So this week will be filled with things I need to get done and planning for the semester. It also means, I’ll be blogging more crockpot recipes and dinners that can come together in under 30 minutes. Hopefully, I can give you a new look on old favorites too.
Today’s recipe is an impromptu one as I originally had intended to make baked potatoes for dinner but after forgetting to start them before the grilled chicken I went with baked wedges. The seasoning for these potato wedges come from a delicious new Italian dressing that is homemade. Not too long ago I won a packet of Mama’s Own Italian Dressing Mix from Spring Hill Farm through a giveaway on my friend Karen’s blog, To Work With Your Hands. I have to tell you, this stuff is amazing. It’s a great dressing but I love to use it in ways other than a typical salad dressing. This is one of those recipes.
- 3-4 large russet potatoes sliced into wedges
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp Mama's Own Italian Dressing Mix or use the equivalent of a dry Italian Dressing mix like Good Seasons
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil,
- Place potato wedges in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat.
- In a small bowl combine the Italian dressing mix, garlic powder, rosemary, and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle onto potato wedges and using hands, toss to coat all the potato wedges with seasoning mixture.
- Place potato wedges on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender and golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or as is.