A super moist blueberry lemon bread that is easy to make and is topped with a sweet lemon glaze will have your taste buds go crazy. Have a slice for dessert or as a snack!
Sometimes I crave more fruit than I can eat or use up before it goes south. This happened to be the case with a container of blueberries. I knew they weren’t going to make it to the end of the week when I had planned on using them in a fruit salad. So, this blueberry lemon bread happened. Yes, fruit salad would have been the healthier choice, but seriously – blueberry lemon bread! I made a wise choice. This bread is amazing, moist, and full of flavor. Studded with gorgeous blueberries and filled with fresh lemon juice and zest. If that isn’t enough to draw you in, then there is the sweet lemon glaze on top.
I think this bread lasted less than 24 hours in the house, we devoured it. We’ll need fruit salad for days now to balance it out, but it was so worth it!
[click_to_tweet tweet=”A super moist blueberry lemon bread that is easy to make and is topped with a sweet lemon glaze will have your taste buds go crazy. #blueberries #lemon #bread #baking #recipe #food ” quote=”An easy to make blueberry lemon bread is the perfect sweet treat any day of the week.”]
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries*
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8x4 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and lemon zest. The sugar will coat the lemon zest and it will evenly distribute in the batter better.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest mixture, lemon juice and eggs until smooth and creamy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- While the bread is cooling in the pan, prepare the Lemon Syrup by combining the 2 tbsp lemon juice with the ¼ cup sugar. Mix well.
- Place a sheet of wax paper under the wire rack. Turn out bread onto wire rack and using a wooden skewer, poke holes in the top of the bread. Brush on the lemon syrup over the top and sides of the bread. Use all of it.
- Once the bread is completely cool, prepare the lemon glaze and drizzle over bread. The glaze will set and harden.
- *Note: If using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Other blueberry lemon recipes you may enjoy:
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!