These Caramel Drizzled Brownie Hearts are perfect for Valentine’s Day. A simple and delicious sweet treat that the whole family will love.
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. It does not change the price you pay. , I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too.
Confession time. I haven’t found a homemade brownie recipe that I love, or that my family loves. I’ve tried many. My husband often asks for brownies and I lean to a box mix. He loves them. Go figure. Over the years, I’ve doctored up the box mixes with various flavors, more chocolate, s’mores flavors, etc. He loves them all but prefers the batch I add extra chocolate chips to. Chocolaty and chewy brownies are a huge hit.
I made the brownie he loves and then took it one level more by making a homemade caramel sauce to drizzle over the brownies. Since it was close to Valentine’s Day, I cut the brownies into heart shapes. He loved them and now he’ll be asking for these more often, I bet.
This is the second year that I am participating in the #FoodBlogger Love blogger event for Valentine’s Day hosted by the lovely ladies from The PinterTest Kitchen. There are two options to choose from this year: create a Valentine’s-themed recipe and post it, or swap names with another blogger (secret santa-style) and create something from their site. I went this recipe as I was pretty sure my schedule would be hectic and I didn’t want to run out of time.
It’s a fun way to share recipes with each other and you. Best of all – we link all of the recipes up so that you can see each and every one of them. Like something you see? Let them know! The link up is at the end of this post.
Tips for this Recipe:
Use a nonstick pan to make these brownies and line it with a piece of parchment paper. It will be easy to slide the baked brownies out onto a cutting board to cut the hearts out if you do so.
I used a large heart cookie cutter, but you can use any size you choose.
Be sure your brownie mix is one for a 13×9 inch pan to get the most hearts cut out.
The extra pieces from cutting the brownie hearts out make great toppings for ice cream or just plain eating.
You can use your favorite homemade brownie recipe as well.
The pecans are optional.
Caramel Drizzled Brownie Hearts
- 1 box for a 13x9 inch pan brownie mix
- Water vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 48 caramels unwrapped
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Make brownie mix as directed on box and mix in the chocolate chips to the batter.
- Bake according the box directions. Once baked, let brownies cool completely, about 1 hour before cutting.
- Using the parchment paper to lift, remove brownies from pan and remove paper.
- Using a large heart cookie cutter, cut out 6 brownie hearts. Set aside.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and whipping cream uncovered on High 1 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until caramels are melted. Be careful, the caramel sauce is very hot.
- Arrange brownies on serving plate and drizzle the caramel sauce over the brownies. Sprinkle with pecans, if desired.
Some of my favorite “tried and true” items used in this recipe:
If you are a blogger who wants to participate in #FoodBloggerLove next year, make sure to join our Facebook group to know when sign-ups open!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!