Pinterest is such a great thing. Found this Olive Garden Alfredo sauce (copy cat recipe) on there and definitely is not a sauce to make more than once in awhile. It is not fat free by any means…BUT it is super creamy and yummy! It does indeed taste like Olive Garden’s sauce. I added some leftover chicken to it and cooked up some fettuccine noodles and it was a true 30 minute meal. I would have added broccoli but daughter wasn’t fond of the green veggie. There was leftovers too! Substituting milk isn’t recommend, at that is the consensus from the website I found this on.
- 1/2 cup butter. unsalted
- 1 - 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 - 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked pasta fettuccine or spaghetti
- leftover cooked chicken diced
- Make Pasta according to package directions.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat – melt butter and add garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Add cream and cream cheese and heat until it just comes to a boil.
- Add in Parmesan Cheese and mix until the cheese melts.
- Add the cooked chicken and heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over pasta.
adapted from Budget Savvy Diva