I was looking for a different baked bean dish to go along side the burgers we were grilling and I found the perfect change up from my Easy Baked Beans, which are most requested when we head to cookouts or potlucks. These Cowboy Beans have a sweet and tangy taste to them thanks to the honey and the chili pepper. They looked divine and the clincher, for me, was that from start to finish it took less than 30 minutes to make. Twenty of those minutes the beans simmered. Perfect amount of time while the burgers did their thing on the grill.
The beans are even better the next day and when adding leftover pulled pork or chicken it becomes a quick main dish for busy nights. Try them, you will not be disappointed. We certainly weren’t!
- 2 15.8 oz cans Great Northern White Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lb turkey bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion flakes
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce or your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Place all ingredients in a large sauce pan except the beans and turkey bacon and whisk till smooth and combined.
- Add the beans and turkey bacon and give it all a stir.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Pin this image to save!
Linked up at these fabulous parties: