Anytime is a good time for chocolate, and with these Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins even breakfast is the right time. The muffins are super moist, filled with two kinds of chocolate, and loaded with peanut butter chips.
I think this has to be my favorite recipe for chocolate muffins. There is just something about the combination of chocolate and peanut butter that makes me a bit giddy. Yes, that’s right, I said giddy. This recipe is even better now that I am making it with semi-sweet chocolate from Divine Chocolates. I loved using their bittersweet chocolate in the recipe for Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti and the semi-sweet did not disappoint in these muffins. Double the chocolate and load up on the peanut butter chips!
If you’ve read my post for the Biscotti, then you know that Divine Chocolates is a Fair Trade company, but you may not know is that they are the only Fair Trade chocolate company that is also co-owned by cocoa farmers. The farmers not only benefit from the Fairtrade premium on the sale of their beans, but also receive the largest share (44%) of Divine’s distributable profits. The co-ownership gives the farmers more economic stability, as well as increased influence in the cocoa industry, and they can give back to their own communities. Divine Chocolates products are top notch, and I can’t wait to try more of their delicious flavors of chocolate. Right now, they have a special going on, you can save 15% on their new chocolate baking bars when you enter the code: BAKINGBAR15. I know I’ll be ordering more to make another batch of muffins. To find out more about Divine Chocolate, follow them on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Let’s make the muffins!
Double chocolate peanut butter muffins are easy to make from scratch, and takes no time at all to prepare the batter. My best tip for this recipe would be to use a good quality unsweetened, natural cocoa powder, and be sure you are using a semi-sweet chocolate baking bar, not chips. The muffins also freeze great, so you can double the batch.
I always start baking recipes by combining my dry ingredients in one bowl. This is a time-saver. With this recipe. you will be using two bowls, one for dry ingredients and one for wet. You’ll be adding the wet ingredients into the dry, and mixing until combined. No need to use a mixer for this one, a wooden spoon is perfect.
Fill your muffin cups with the batter to almost the top, and then bake!
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins #Choctoberfest
- 1 Divine Chocolate semi-sweet chocolate baking bar 5.3 oz
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup sour cream full-fat or reduced works well
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a regular-sized muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside
- Using a sharp knife, coarsely chop the chocolate and place in a medium microwavable glass bowl along with the butter.
- Place bowl in microwave. Melt butter and chocolate on high in 10 second increments, whisking after each until completely smooth.
- Remove bowl from microwave, and then whisk in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and fold to completely combine. Be sure to scrap the bottom of the bowl to get everything mixed.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips. The muffin batter will be on the thick side.
- Spoon the batter evenly into each prepared muffin cup, filling each almost to the top.
- Bake the muffins for 5 minutes at 425 degrees then, while keeping the muffins in the oven reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake for an additional 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”#MakeSomethingDivine by whipping a batch of these Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins using @divinechocolatesusa. #chocolate #choctoberfest #peanutbutter #doublechocolate #muffins #baking #breakfast #chocolatelovers #recipe” quote=”Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins make a great quick breakfast or snack.”]
Thank you to Divine Chocolates for being a #Choctoberfest sponsor and providing the wonderful chocolate I used in this recipe. Be sure to check out all of the other #Choctoberfest recipes being posted today.