These crispy Air Fryer Fried Ravioli are a lighter, healthier version of the appetizer treat. Easy to make so they are a quick party appetizer or game day snack.
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. You can read about my privacy policies here.
Late last year I received an air fryer and the first thing I made in it were these super simple and delicious homemade bagels and I make them quite often now. I was amazed at how easy it was and how good those bagels tasted. I’ve also made wings and air fryer roasted potatoes in the machine.
It was time to make something that I would usually only get if we went out to eat, and only once in a blue moon. Fried foods aren’t my thing, well, they are my thing which is why I don’t fry at home and in the past year I’ve cut out eating those types of foods when we go out. That being said, I miss fried foods but I do not want to cave! This air fryer is my solution along with moderation.
I was craving fried ravioli and decided to give it a go in the air fryer. Super easy! All you need is fresh or frozen ravioli, an egg, panko breadcrumbs, seasonings, and marinara sauce.
Not even going to lie, I made a batch and ate them for lunch. I would do it again too, but add a salad with it. Maybe.
Tips for this Recipe:
If you are using frozen ravioli, be sure to thaw them out first. It takes only a few minutes for them to thaw.
I only used half a bag of frozen ravioli (the bag was 25 ounces) for this recipe. If you are using the whole bag, double the ingredients for the coating.
You can use regular breadcrumbs instead of the panko. I like the crispiness from the panko.
If your breadcrumbs are plain, simply add a little Italian seasoning to them.
Don’t overcrowd the ravioli in the air fryer, lay them in a single layer with a little space between them. I can get four in mine easily.
Check the ravioli halfway through the cooking time and give the basket a little shake. No need to turn them.
Air Fryer Fried Ravioli
- 12 -15 frozen thawed ravioli ( from a 25 ounce bag, also you can use fresh ravioli)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- marinara sauce for dipping
- In a small bowl, beat the egg.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the panko, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese, mix well.
- Take each thawed ravioli and dip into the egg, coating both sides. Then coat with the breadcrumbs on both sides, pressing lightly to make sure the coating sticks.
- Place ravioli in basket of air fryer, single layer and be sure not to crowd them.
- Cook at 400 degrees for about 4 - 6 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove and serve with marinara dipping sauce.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!