This Easy Slow Cooker Italian Chicken has only 2 ingredients! So simple yet the chicken dish comes out so moist, tender and flavorful. Perfect for busy weeknights or when you feel the need for comfort food!
Since this week was a busy one I relied on my crockpot a few times and this recipe has to be the simplest one I’ve made yet – easier than the Taco Chicken. Two ingredients! I am not counting the water, but even with that it is recipe with simple ingredients. Using a packaged Italian salad dressing mix makes it easy since all of the Italian seasonings are already in there.
So, if you want to start a meal in your crockpot before you leave in the morning this is the one for you. When you come home, shred the chicken and whip up some Mashed Potatoes, and add corn or roasted green beans for another side, and don’t forget the dinner rolls!
I have to thank my sister-in-law, Linda for this one. She’s been trying a few of my crock pot recipes out with her family. Like me, she wants to get dinner on the table with the least amount of prep time, mess, and easy clean up. So when she shared this delicious recipe with me I knew I would be sharing it with you all.
Speaking of easy clean up – have you ever used a crock pot liner? Oh My Word! You must try them! Cleaning that slow cooker is even easier when you use them. Seriously!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
I feel strange even telling you it is a recipe when all you do is toss everything (you know, the 2 ingredients and water) in the slow cooker and turn it on.
- chicken breasts (boneless, skinless chicken thighs work too)
- Good Seasons Italian Dressing packets
- slow cooker
How to make Italian Chicken in the Slow Cooker
If you’re using the slow cooker liners, place it in your slow cooker. If not, spray the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick spray.
Pour 4 cups of water into bottom of slow cooker and add the contents of two packets of Good Seasons Italian Dressing to the water and whisk together.
Add the chicken and place the lid on the slow cooker.
Cook for 6 hours on low OR 3 hours on High. Shred chicken using two forks. Give it a stir. Let cook one more hour and then serve.
What other ways can you serve this chicken?
This is easy Italian Chicken recipe a favorite meal of ours not just because it’s delicious but so versatile. You can make the dish as I do with sides, or shred the chicken, let it cool, and then make chicken salad with it, toss in your garden green salad, and so many other recipes that call for cooked chicken. This dish is also delicious served over rice or egg noodles.
The whole family will love this delicious crock pot chicken meal!
More Slow Cooker Recipes with Chicken for you to Enjoy
- Cheesy Chicken Tator Tot Casserole
- Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken
- PA Dutch Chicken Corn Soup
What’s your favorite chicken recipe? #OurFamilyTable bloggers are sharing their with you. We all need easy dinners to have on hand. Check them out below the recipe card.
Easy Slow Cooked Italian Chicken
- 6 qt. slow cooker
- 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless and skinless (about 4-5 breasts)
- 2 packets of Italian salad dressing I used Good Seasons Italian salad dressing
- 4 cups of water
- Place chicken in the bottom of crockpot/
- Mix the packets with the water and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours (or until chicken is done) and then shred the chicken. Let cook for about another hour.
- If desired, after you shred the chicken, you can take about a cup of the juices and mix it with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Pour back into the crockpot, give it a stir and let it thicken up for a wonderful gravy.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
“Blogghetti” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Favorite Chicken Recipe
- Blackened Chicken from Art of Natural Living
- Chicken and Avocado Salad from That Recipe
- Chicken Macaroni Salad from Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Chicken Ramen Stir Fry from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken Tortillas from The Freshman Cook
- Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas from The Spiffy Cookie
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Creamy Chicken with sun Dried Tomatoes from Lemon Blossoms
- Easy Slow Cooker Italian Chicken from Blogghetti
- Garlic and Ginger Caramel Chicken Thighs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Hot Chicken and Pancake Tacos from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- One Skillet Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Pasta from Family Around the Table
Stay connected for the latest recipes
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!