The Best Homemade Cookie Jar Ice Cream is easily made with your favorite cookie pieces mixed into a delicious creamy vanilla ice cream. Make ice cream shop quality ice cream at home in no time with this simple recipe.
Every year we go to my in-laws in Wisconsin for the July 4th holiday. It’s quite a lot of fun! Seeing family, going to the small hometown parade (complete with tractors and firetrucks). and fireworks.
One of the highlights of our trips is going to the local ice cream shop! It’s a tiny place with no eating inside but there are benches and chairs outside if you’re lucky enough to grab a seat. Inside, there are plenty of flavors to choose from and quite a few different cone and topping options.
I’m a mint chocolate chip in a waffle cone girl so that is usually what I get but they have a cookie ice cream that is to die for. It has chocolate chip cookie dough pieces, chocolate chips, oreos, peanut butter cookies, and a fudge swirl throughout the creamy vanilla ice cream. Of course, one has to top all of that off with rainbow sprinkles.
Recently I decided to make this creamy ice cream at home using our ice cream machine that we purchased from Amazon. It’s super easy to use and makes two quarts of ice cream. It was a perfect excuse to celebrate National Ice Cream Day! But, really, any day is good for ice cream, right?
Homemade vanilla ice cream with cookies
Having the Best Homemade Cookie Jar Ice Cream in your freezer that you made yourself just seems to make eating the frozen treat even better. Plus you can use your favorite cookies and toppings galore.
What Ice Cream Machine to Use?
For this recipe, you will need an ice cream machine, like this Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker. Using this machine, your ice cream is ready in 30 minutes! Probably less time than it takes to drive to the ice cream shop or grocery store and back.
So, what makes this the best homemade cookie jar ice cream? Is it the creamy homemade vanilla ice cream? Or, the different kinds of cookies you use? It’s all of that, if you ask me.
Ingredients to use to make cookie jar ice cream
- heavy cream
- whole milk
- vanilla extract (this is my go-to brand)
- Oreo sandwich cookies, crumbled
- Chewy Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies, crumbled
- Nutter Butter cookies, crumbled
- Equipment: Ice Cream Machine
How to Make Homemade Cookie Jar Ice Cream
Beat the sugar, heavy cream, whole milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When the ice cream is almost completely set, add the mix-ins. Then, turn on the ice cream machine again and let it finish creating your delicious frozen treat.
Note: In the Cuisinart Ice Cream 2 quart machine, it will take about 30 minutes to freeze into soft serve. For firmer ice cream, transfer ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for 4 to 6 hours. Makes about 1 quart liquid and about 1 ½ quart frozen.
How to Serve Cookie Jar Ice Cream
The Best Homemade Cookie Jar Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped Oreo Sandwich Cookies
- 1/2 cup Chewy Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup Nutter Butter Cookies
- Beat the sugar, heavy cream, whole milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- When the ice cream is almost completely set, add the cookie mix-ins.
- Turn the ice cream machine back on and let it finish.
- In about 30 minutes, the ice cream is ready to serve as soft-serve. For firmer ice cream, transfer ice cream ti a freezer safe container and freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
“Blogghetti” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
More Frozen Treat Recipes to Enjoy
- Homemade Fresh Peach Sorbet
- Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert
- Easy 4 Ingredient Chunky Monkey Smoothie
- Two Ingredient Mango Sherbet
Stay connected for the latest recipes
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!