[click_to_tweet tweet=”Cheesy Chicken Tator Tot Casserole in the crock pot! Five ingredients, fifteen minutes to prepare, and 4 hours to cook! #chicken #cheese #tatortots #slowcooker #crockpot #dinner ” quote=”Comfort food such as this Cheesy Chicken Tator Tot Casserole is perfect for any night!”]
Cheesy Chicken Tator Tot Casserole in the Crockpot
- 1 32 oz. bag frozen tater tots
- 1 3 oz.bag bacon pieces
- 1 pound boneless raw skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spraycrock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place half of the frozen tater tots on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the bacon pieces.
- Top with 1/3 of the cheese. Add the chicken on top. Season with salt & pepper.
- Next, add 1/3 of the bacon pieces and 1/3 of shredded cheese.
- Place the rest of the frozen tater tots on top.
- Finish with the remaining 1/3 cheddar cheese and remaining 1/3 of bacon pieces.
- Pour 3/4 cup milk all over the top.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low about 4-6 hours. Check it at the 4 hour mark as some crock pots do cook faster than others.
This recipe appear in Recipe Lion’s Free E-book, Our Best Casserole Recipes: 19 Quick & Easy Casseroles to Try