Easy Upside Down Peach Cake made with fresh peaches and has an incredible caramel topping. This cake will quickly become a family favorite.
Nothing is better than a fresh Georgia peach; unless it’s that peach in this cake. Living in Middle Georgia has it’s perks, and one is that I live so close to a peach and pecan orchard. Fresh peaches all summer, and pecans all Fall! Seems every time peach season rolls around, I am super excited to visit Lane’s Packing Plant, where I not only grab fresh peaches (and peach wine!), but take a tour of the plant and the orchard. This last time, I was lucky enough to take my very best friend, Elane, there as she was passing through on her travels. She had never been there! Gasp! I can’t even imagine.
Lane’s has a cute little cafe and shop to explore. We grabbed some lunch, and devoured the peach crisp with ice cream. Then shopped a bit and then toured the processing/plant. No visit there is ever complete without coming homes with peaches, or their spiced pecans. I brought home peaches this trip, and knew exactly what I was going to make!
Check out a few pictures from Lane’s and the beautiful peaches, then get ready to make the Upside Down Peach Cake!
The peaches are brought in from the orchards by the thousands and are placed on this conveyor belt.
They are then washed by this machine before being sent to the inspection stations.
The inspectors check for each peach to be sure they aren’t bruised (too badly) or have bad spots.
We visited the cafe for lunch, and ended with this totally yummy peach crisp topped with ice cream. Heaven! Of course, we also drank the fresh peach iced tea.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Easy Upside Down Peach Cake made with fresh #peaches and a yummy #caramel topping. Too good to resist! #cake #recipes #goodeats #dessert #foodie” quote=”This Upside Down Peach Cake is just too good to resist! It needs to be shared!”]
On with the recipe now!
Fresh sliced peaches are soaking up that ooey gooey caramel topping.
After mixing up the cake batter, pour it over the peaches and caramel topping.
Once the cake is baked, let it cool in the skillet for about 15 minutes before turning out onto a platter.
Easy Upside Down Peach Cake
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 10-inch oven proof skilled (or cast iron skillet) over medium heat, melt the butter and add the brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and arrange the peach slices in the skillet. Set aside.
- In one medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine the 1/2 cup milk, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the granulated sugar and coconut oil on medium speed until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Then, add the milk mixture and stir until just combined.
- Finish by adding the rest of the flour and mix until combined, about 1 minute. If you find that the batter is on thick side, add up to 1/4 more of the milk.
- Pour the batter over the peach slices in the skillet and spread evenly.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted, 25 to 35 minutes, checking after 20 minutes to make sure the top isn't getting too brown. If it is, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Let cool for 15 minutes. Cover with a cutting board or large plate and invert the cake. Serve warm.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!