I’m the first to admit I hate the hot weather and living in the south makes it worse as it seems we have summer from mid-April to like September! The summer temps gives me a reason to grill more often so that the house stays nice and cool. Recently hubby got a new grill and he wanted to try it out and as luck would have it, I received my Red Gold Tomato Kit full of goodies for me to try with new grilling recipes! Hubby and I both love chicken fajitas so this recipe was perfect for us to make on the new grill. I love using the small whole sweet bell peppers for this – saves time chopping the vegetables plus they grill up wonderfully. I had never thought to use canned whole tomatoes on the skewers before but Red Gold is brilliant with the idea! The marinade has all the flavors of fajitas and everyone loved it.
Before I get on with the recipe, I want to let you know that Red Gold is giving me a a kit (just like the one I got) to give away to one of YOU! All you have to do to enter is follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter below! It’s that simple. Then you can be on your way to grilling up great food for your family. GIVEAWAY IS OVER
- 1/3 cup lime juice about 6 limes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 2 14.5 oz cans Red Gold® Whole Peeled Tomatoes, drained
- 1 16 oz. bag mini sweet peppers
- 1 large sweet onion peeled and cut into 1 1/2" cubes
- metal or wooden skewers if using wooden soak in water for 30 minutes or longer before using
- To make the marinade whisk together lime juice, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and cumin in small bowl until well combined.
- Place chicken cubes in large resealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Remove as much air as possible and seal. Place in fridge for 1-5 hours.The longer the better.
- Thread skewers by alternating with chicken, tomato, peppers and onion until all ingredients are used.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place skewers over direct heat and grill 3-4 minutes per side until chicken is cooked through and veggies have a nice char. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Recipe inspired and adapted from Red Gold
Disclaimer: I am not receiving compensation for this post from Red Gold for my opinions on their products. The opinions here are my own. I have received complimentary Red Gold products to try out.