Your Taco Tuesday just got better with these easy Grilled Chicken Tacos with a homemade taco seasoning.
Tuesdays and Thursdays in our house call for simple, quick, and flavorful meals. Those two days of the week are our late dinner evenings and the last thing I want to be doing is cooking a meal late. Even worse, doing the dishes late.
When the weather is great, I love to fire up the grill and make these grilled chicken tacos. Rainy days, I just pull out my grill pan and use that.
The thing I love about these grilled chicken tacos is that everything inside the shell is either cooked fresh or made fresh. The homemade taco seasoning is a staple in our house and so are the ingredients for this easy blender salsa. In fact, in the time that it takes to grill the chicken, you can make the salsa – it’s that easy. The chicken tacos are ready in less than 30 minutes and there is minimal cleanup. Perfect!
Top the grilled chicken tacos with your favorite taco toppings. In our house, that typically includes tomatoes, cheese, onions, jalapeno peppers, salsa, and guacamole. We all have different opinions on toppings, so it gets interesting. One doesn’t like lettuce, another doesn’t care for jalapeno peppers, and so forth. Oh, not to mention we all like different levels of heat with salsas. I do the shopping, they get what I buy, ha!
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Easy Grilled Chicken Tacos with homemade salsa – 30 minute meal #chicken #tacos #grilled #dinner” quote=”Takes less than 30 minutes to get these grilled chicken tacos on the dinner table.”]
Grilled Chicken Tacos
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 3 tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp oil*
- 8-10 hard taco shells
- Toppings: shredded lettuce diced onion, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, and salsa (we enjoy this easy blender salsa).
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with the taco seasoning; set aside.
- For this recipe I will either use my grill pan or an outdoor grill. Preheat your grill and if using a grill pan*, add the 1 tablespoon oil to the pan.
- Grill chicken until cooked through. Remove to cutting board and slice (or shred) the chicken into thin strips.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare your taco toppings.
- Assemble your chicken tacos and enjoy!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
My kids are in love with tacos! We will definitely have to try them with chicken!
Thanks Lex for stopping by! The DIY taco seasoning is also delicious with ground beef.
I love this brilliant idea. I was thinking of food to serve when some guests are visiting our home and I believe they would love this. Thank you for sharing all these simple, quick and flavorful meals. You are a life-saver.
Hi Shelia, thank you for the comment! Simple meals are the best! Hope your guests and you like the tacos.