These Grilled Steak Fajita Foil Packets are quick and easy to prep with a simple seasoning mix. Great for a quick weeknight dinner or to make while camping.
It gets so hot here in the summer that turning on the oven makes me a bit ill. That’s why I totally love meals like these Grilled Steak Fajita Foil Packets. Prep time is minimal and there’s no heating the kitchen up.
Foil Packs are great for Summer Grilling and Camping
Grill the foil packs over a gas or charcoal grill, over a campfire, or if you prefer cook them in the oven. No matter how you cook them, it’s easy cleanup and no dishes since your meal is in its own container. They’re so perfect for a camping trip since you can prep the ingredients ahead of time.
These foil pack steak fajitas are Paleo, whole 30, gluten free & keto friendly meal using simple ingredients.
We also enjoy these Chicken Fajita Foil Packets with Potatoes and these Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas. Buffalo Chicken Fajitas are also a family favorite! Here are 24 more great recipes for foil pack meals to try.
- sirloin steak
- taco seasoning mix
- vegetable oil
- yellow peppers
- red peppers
- green peppers
- lime juice
Easy prep to make these grilled steak fajita foil packets
You can certainly mix up your own taco seasoning blend or your favorite fajita seasoning, but in the interest of keeping things quick and easy, I usually use our favorite packaged taco seasoning mix.
Preheat your grill. Cut six 12 to 18 inch rectangle pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, season the steak strips with 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning and the juice of one lime. Mix to coat. Divide the meat equally among the 6 pieces of sheets of foil.
In a large bowl, add the bell peppers and onions, the remaining one tablespoon taco seasoning and one tablespoon vegetable oil; toss to coat. Divide equally among the 6 pieces of aluminum foil with the steak.
Fold the long ends of the aluminum foil together, folding twice to create a seam. Double fold top of the shorter ends of the aluminum foil to create a sealed pocket.
Place the foil packet meals on the grill and cover the grill. Cooking time is about 8 to 10 minutes. Rotating the packets halfway if needed so they each cook evenly.
Remove the steak fajita foil packs from the grill and carefully open to serve on warm flour tortillas. For the perfect finishing touch, add your favorite toppings like diced tomatoes, cheese, salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
Grilled Steak Fajita Foil Packets
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided (one package of taco seasoning is about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 3 one each of a red, yellow, and greed bell pepper, sliced thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- optional toppings like: tortilla shells, shredded cheese, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, etc.
- Preheat your grill. Cut six 12 to 18 inch rectangle pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, season the steak strips with 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning and the juice of one lime. Mix to coat. Divide the meat equally among the 6 pieces of aluminum foil.
- In another medium bowl, add the vegetables, the remaining one tablespoon taco seasoning and one tablespoon vegetable oil; toss to coat. Divide equally among the 6 pieces of aluminum foil with the steak.
- To fold the pockets, bring the long sides of the aluminum foil to meet over the beef. Fold the ends of the aluminum foil together, folding twice to create a seam. Roll up the shorter ends of the aluminum foil at least twice to create a sealed pocket.
- Place the steak packets on the grill and cover the grill. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the packets halfway if needed so they each cook evenly.
- Remove the packets from the grill and carefully open to add additional toppings as desired or serve on warm tortillas.
“Blogghetti” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!