Paleo Chicken and Potato Fajita Foil Pack Meals are incredibly delicious and easy to prepare. Plus, clean up is a breeze.
Whether you make these delicious chicken and potato fajita foil pack meals over the campfire, on the grill, or in the oven; they are perfect for quick meals. Because they are cooked in foil packs, they are the best one pan dinners ever – you can eat out of the foil pack, and then throw it away! I also love that I can use my homemade fajita seasoning in this recipe, and that it is healthy. If you’re not strictly eating a Paleo lifestyle, you can add some shredded cheese in your foil pack once it’s done. Either way, it’s one meal that we have often.
I love foil pack meals because they hold the juices in so nothing gets dried out, no-fuss cleanup, and everyone can add/take out the ingredients they prefer. My daughter loves her foods extra spicy so she adds more seasoning and diced jalapeno peppers. My husband adds cheese to his, and I love to add diced tomatoes and chopped green onion to mine. The foil packs can even be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Simply take out of refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking so that it can come to room temperature.
- 2 cups halved or quartered baby red potatoes
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into half-inch strips
- 2 bell peppers cut into one-inch chunks (whatever color peppers you prefer)
- 1 medium onion cut into one-inch chunks (white, yellow, red – all work well)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 – 3 tbsp homemade fajita seasoning*
- Favorite fajitas toppings optional
To cook by the following methods:
Grill: Grill over a medium flame for 15-20 minutes. Seam side up.
Campfire: Cook in the hot coals of the fire until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. About 20 minutes.
Oven: Bake Fajita Foil Packets in an oven that has been preheated to 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Preparing the foil packs:
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, chicken, peppers, onions and oil. Stir until coated with the oil.
- Toss chicken and veggies with the homemade fajita seasoning** until everything is coated with the seasoning.
- For cooking in the oven: Lay a sheet of heavy duty foil (roughly 12″x 16” in size) and spray lightly with non-stick spray. If you are cooking over campfire or on the grill, use two sheets of foil together for each foil pack.
- Add one quarter of the fajita mixture to the middle of each foil pack. Fold and seal by pinching the top and the side. Be sure it’s sealed well so that the steam doesn’t escape. Repeat with three more packets.
- Cook by one of the methods above. Very important: Do not continually open the packets to check for doneness. When you open the foil packet, all the steam is released and it may take a lot longer to fully cook. My best tip is to pull just ONE pack (not all) out and test for doneness. If not done, seal back up and cook a few more minutes.
- Serve with your favorite fajita toppings, if desired.
* If you do have homemade fajita seasoning already made up, you can use 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp onion powder, and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
** In a small bowl, stir together the above spices and then add to the chicken and veggie bowl, stirring to coat well.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!