Add this Honey Cinnamon Glazed Ham Steak to your summer BBQ rotation. Grilling ham is quick, easy, and this glaze is gets its sweetness from a honey and cinnamon butter with a hint of cloves.
This post is sponsored by Chef Shamy. All opinions are my own.
We are full swing into #CookoutWeek and I’ve got another delicious recipe using Chef Shamy butters. This time it’s their Honey Butter with Cinnamon and Brown Sugar. It makes a mean glaze for ham steaks, and when you grill the meat, the glaze gets all caramelized.
Chef Shamy’s products are all 100% real butter and have real ingredients in them. You won’t find added fillers, chemical preservatives and emulsifiers, or oils. Taste is highly important to them and of course, their customers. I have to say, after tasting both the garlic butter and this honey butter, I am excited to try every flavor they have. The shelf life on the butters is pretty long and if you use the butters often, leaving them on the counter is okay to do. It’s easier to use when it is at room temperature, but you can refrigerate them and use them just the same. More on shelf life and freezer times can be found on their site.
The recipe for this grilled ham steak couldn’t be easier. Seriously, it’s like not even a recipe, yet it’s so good. During the holidays, I roast a clove-studded ham in the oven and use a pineapple brown sugar glaze on it, and I really wanted to have the clove taste on this ham steak. We loved the ham and leftovers were fried up the next morning to have with eggs for breakfast.
The Honey Butter with Cinnamon and Brown Sugar is also great on bagels, toast, biscuits, and pancakes. Plus, when you add it to some cooked apples and bananas and let it get all gooey-like, it’s amazing over ice cream. It’s even good with a spoon, right out of the container. Yea, don’t judge me until you try it. Ha! Speaking of trying it, thanks to Chef Shamy, you can use this discount code (10BUTTER10) on Amazon to get a 10% discount on their products. The code is good until July 4, 2018.
Honey Cinnamon Glazed Grilled Ham Steaks #CookoutWeek
- 1 ham steak fully cooked, ready to eat
- 5 tbsp Chef Shamy's Honey Butter with Cinnamon and Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat grill on med-high.
- Rinse and pat dry (with paper towels)the ham steak.
- Trim off any visible fat. To handle the ham steak easier, I cut it in half.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine the honey butter, ground mustard, and ground cloves. Melt in microwave until just melted(10 seconds should do it.) Remove.
- Give the butter glaze a good stir to combine the spices with the butter. Reserve a little for glazing at the very end.
- If desired, lightly score the ham steak on one side.
- Brush a bit of the glaze over one side of the ham steak (if you scored it, use that side first)
- Place glazed side down on preheated grill.
- Brush a bit of the glaze on the top of the ham steak.
- Grill for 5 minutes, then flip the ham steak over and grill another five minutes. Add more glaze, and when the ham is done, remove from grill.
- Using the reserved glaze, brush on grilled ham and serve.
Have you found some great #CookoutWeek recipes from all of the links? What are your favorites so far? I’d love to know! Tell me in the comments. Be sure to enter the #CookoutWeek giveaway here, and don’t forget to scroll down to see all of the recipes #CookoutWeek bloggers are posting today!