Oven Fried Italian Pork Chops with a seasoned Panko crispy coating are so moist and tender that you’ll only need a fork to cut them.
Yes, it’s been a minute since I’ve posted a new recipe and I can’t even begin to tell you how much is going on here lately. Home cooked meals have been scarce in this house in recent weeks and I finally had a chance to breathe and make a meal. It’s just my husband and I at the moment in the house as oldest has moved to her own apartment and youngest is finishing up her last semester of college, in fact she has ONE more week to go before we watch her graduate with honors! Empty nest? Well, for a bit maybe and while it’s lasting, we are enjoying it. So back to the meal, as I’ve mentioned on the blog before, pork chops are not a favorite of my family but I enjoy them and sometimes it is all about me – when it comes to dinner. I love oven frying pork chops because it’s less mess (grease) and they turn out crispy and tender – you can cut them with a fork!
If you have ever breaded any type of meat before you know it can be a bit messy but I have this down to a science and there is not clumping of the batter or breading in the liquid that will make it a thick mess. Here’s a great tip: Set up your “breading station” as follows:
Line up and use three separate shallow containers for your flour, Italian salad dressing, and Panko bread crumbs. In that order. Use three forks – one for each container.
If you set up the “breading station” like that, your “assembly” of the pork chops will go smoothly, less mess, and no clumping. I promise. I prefer to use the Panko bread crumbs because they make a great crisp, crunchy coating over regular bread crumbs.
I have to tell you, it’s taking me several trials of making these moist delicious pork chops before I got it down to what is perfection, in my opinion. Even my husband has complimented on how wonderful they taste. Progress!
- 4 Pork Chops boneless and trimmed of excess fat
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder to taste
- 2 tbsp dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Olive Garden Italian salad dressing any Italian dressing works great
- salt and pepper to taste
- nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Mix Panko bread crumbs with the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Italian Seasoning.
- Make your assembly line with the flour, Italian dressing, and Panko bread crumbs.
- Starting with the flour, dredge lightly your pork chops on both sides, shaking excess off.
- Dip pork chop into Italian salad dressing on both sides, letting excess drip off.
- Place pork chop into last container, Panko bread crumbs, and press pork chop into crumbs on both sides to ensure the coating will stick well to the pork chop.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray the tops of the pork chops with nonstick spray.
- Bake in oven for 25 - 35 min or until coating is golden and chops are done, turning once halfway through cooking time. I like to use spatula to turn them as sometimes the coating may stick a bit to the pan.
You may also enjoy: