This Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Recipe bakes up moist and so flavorful plus it’s an easy recipe to make. Perfect quick bread to celebrate all of the Fall flavors.
It’s really starting to feel like FALL here in the Middle Georgia area and I, for one, am super excited. I can open my windows, sit outside without sweating buckets, and enjoy ALL the Fall foods, like this delicious Pumpkin Cranberry Bread.
That being said, it is also #PumpkinWeek in the food blogger world and I am joining 25 other blogger friends to bring you a week long event with PUMPKIN recipes. We’re so excited and have been waiting all year for this. Be sure to check out the recipes for each day at the end of this post, and follow #pumpkinweek on social media for more yumminess.
Now, back to this pumpkin bread with cranberries recipe. I love baking with pumpkin as it keeps recipes moist and flavorful. This pumpkin recipe has all your fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. While you can use fresh cranberries, I opted for dried cranberries as that is what I had in the pantry.
How to make Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
As I like to do with all my baking recipes, I gather the items needed before I start making the recipe. I like to combine my dry ingredients first and then set them aside. Add in the dried cranberries so they are coated with the flour mixture. I did not take a picture of that but adding them now helps the fruit to be evenly distributed in the batter and not sink to the bottom. If you are using fresh cranberries (you will use double the amount listed in the recipe), add them once your batter is combined so you don’t crush the fruit.
Then in a large bowl, combine your wet ingredients.
No need for a stand or electric mixer for this recipe. A wooden spoon works well. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. As stated above this would be the time to add fresh cranberries if you are using them in place of the dried.
Pour batter into prepared baking pan and top with additional cranberries, if desired. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for five minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or 2 cups fresh cranberries)
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray or grease and flour it.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.Add in the dried cranberries so they are coated with the flour mixture. Adding them now helps the fruit to be evenly distributed in the batter and not sink to the bottom. If you are using fresh cranberries (you will use double the amount listed in the recipe), add them once your batter is combined so you don't crush the fruit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together: pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, orange juice and sugar until combined.
- No need for a stand or electric mixer for this recipe. A wooden spoon works well. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. As stated above this would be the time to add fresh cranberries if you are using them in place of the dried.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and top with additional cranberries, if desired. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for five minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
Monday’s recipes for #PumpkinWeek:
Pumpkin season is here, and we are celebrating our love of pumpkin with #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. All week-long 26 bloggers will be sharing over 80 pumpkin-filled recipes for all your Autumn celebrations, including breakfasts, baked goods, savory pumpkin recipes, desserts, and drinks.
- Hot Pumpkin Apple Cider by Palatable Pastime
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Amish Friendship Bread by For the Love of Food
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Bread by Big Bear’s Wife
- Cranberry Pumpkin Sourdough Bread by The Spiffy Cookie
- Disney’s Pumpkin Muffins by Simply Inspired Meals
- Easy Pumpkin Bread by Veggies First Then Dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Monkey Bread by Love & Confections
- Keto Pumpkin Bread by Keto Basic AF
- Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Recipe by Blogghetti
- Pumpkin Croissants by The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie by Our Sutton Place
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Spice Granola by The Mandatory Mooch
- Pumpkin-Apple Muffins by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Vegan Pumpkin Spiced Crepes by Happily Curated Chaos
- Fall Harvest Chowder by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Cheddar Grits with Bacon and Apples by Sweet Beginnings
- Pumpkin Chili by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pumpkin Ravioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spiced Pumpkin Hummus by Our Good Life
- Spicy Thai Curry Pumpkin Noodle Soup by Making Miracles
- Candied Pumpkin Pie by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Easy Pumpkin Turnovers w/ a Chocolate Candy Drizzle by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake by Shockingly Delicious
- Pumpkin Macarons by April Golightly
- Tikvenik – (Bulgarian Pumpkin Strudel) by Caroline’s Cooking
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
I love trying new fall breads! This one is going on my must try list!
Wendy Klik says
What a gorgeous loaf. Wish I had a slice with my coffee right now.
I love pumpkin and cranebrries together, especially in the fall!
Dorothy Reinhold says
The cranberries are such a delicious addition to pumpkin bread! I am going to need several slices very soon.
Terri Oliver Steffes says
What a delightful combination. I want to make this for my mom.
I’m going to make this just as soon as I can get my hands on some fresh cranberries! This would be so great to serve for Thanksgiving breakfast or even for Christmas Eve! Great flavors in this bread, Lisa!
Nichi - The Mandatory Mooch says
What a great fall treat! A must try!
Ashley Marie Lecker says
Pumpkin and cranberry is such a yummy combo- this looks so tasty!
Your bread looks so moist and delicious! I love that pumpkin flavor with the tart cranberries. Perfectly fall!