Fall is coming, it will be here soon. I keep telling myself that bnterut the temperatures outside convince me it will be awhile yet. It may not be quite Fall yet, but I can start making Fall recipes that include all things pumpkin. This pumpkin muffin is amazing. One bite and I was not even thinking about the fact that summer is still here. The flavors of pumpkin pie with a pecan-crumb topping make this muffin irresistible and will be the perfect to partner with your morning coffee, tea, or just enjoy the muffin any time of the day or night.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup oil 2 large eggs
For the Crumb Topping:
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time to the pumpkin mixture, stirring to combine well.
- Divide batter into liners - fill each muffin cup about 1/3 to 1/2 full.
- Combine ingredients for Crumb Topping together. Mix until crumbly. I find it easier to use my hands for this.
- Sprinkle each muffin with the topping, pressing slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Leave a Reply