Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots are made with only 5 ingredients and are the best most tender sweet baby carrots ever. Perfect side dish for dinner or as a holiday side.
Middle of the week with our #HolidaySideDishes and I’m bring this easy slow cooker glazed carrots recipe to the table. All this week, my fellow Festive Foodie bloggers and I are sharing side dishes so you can get that menu planned for the holidays. Below the recipe you will find today’s links for the event. If you missed my cheesy broccoli cauliflower casserole on Monday, check it out here and come back Friday for more recipes!
Carrots just seem to taste better and sweeter when they are slow cooked. I love this recipe and it’s a wonderfully easy one to make to go with any weeknight dinner or holiday dinner. The buttery, sweet, and spiced glaze cooks to perfection and the carrots are tender and moist.
Pro Tip: Leftovers can be cooled and packed into a freezer container – freeze to have on hand for a week night side.
Because you are using a slow cooker, this recipe frees up your oven just about if you are making them for a holiday dinner.
How to Make Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots
Grab your slow cooker and place 3 bags (12 ounces each) of baby petite carrots in the bottom.
In a medium microwavable bowl, melt the 1/4 cup butter. Whisk in the 1/3 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
Pour mixture over carrots and toss to combine. Set the slow cooker on high for 3 hours or until the carrots are tender. Give the carrots a good mix to coat with the glaze before serving.
Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots
- 3 bags (12 ounces each) baby petite carrots (fresh)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Grab your slow cooker and place 3 bags (12 ounces each) of baby petite carrots in the bottom.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, melt the 1/4 cup butter. Whisk in the 1/3 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Pour mixture over carrots and toss to combine. Set the slow cooker on high for 3 hours or until the carrots are tender. Give the carrots a good mix to coat with the glaze before serving.
- Pro Tip: Leftovers can be cooled and packed into a freezer container - freeze to have on hand for a week night side.
Other Side Dishes You May Enjoy:
Easy Slow Cooker Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
Slow Cooker Loaded Potatoes
Helen’s Slow Cooker Creamy Mac & Cheese
Honey Roasted Carrots
Wednesday Holiday Side Dish Recipes:
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts by Savory Experiments
- Baby Yams with Honey Apple Syrup by Palatable Pastime
- Black Bean and Corn Salad Shrimp Cups by The Freshman Cook
- Candied Butternut Squash by Our Good Life
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Bake by Sweet Beginnings
- Cranberry Kissed Green Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Corn Pudding by Lemon Blossoms
- Garlic Mushrooms by House of Nash Eats
- Green Bean and Cauliflower Gratin by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Maple Glazed Delicata Squash by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Carrots with Honey and Thyme by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots by Blogghetti
- Sophisticated Green Bean Casserole by An Affair from the Heart
- Spinach Orzo Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Twice Baked Butternut Squash by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Wild Rice Salad: Make ahead Thanksgiving SIde by West Via Midwest
- Wild Rice Supreme by The Fresh Cooky
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Wendy Klik says
Slow cookers are such a life saver during the hectic holidays. Carrots are one of my families favorite veggies.
Love recipes that utilize the slow cooker! And these carrots look like the perfect side dish for the holidays!
Dorothy Reinhold says
I love the fall flavors on these carrots. Really love that the slow cooker is doing all of the work!
I love carrots but often don’t make them. These glazed carrots sound yummy.
Terri Oliver Steffes says
You had me at slow cooker. Exactly what I need for a busy day of cooking!
Glazed carrots sound like a great holiday side!
Jessica Formicola says
I love that these are made in the slow cooker! Saves so much room on the stove and in the oven for the holidays!
I am all for a simple side that doesn’t take up space in the oven or on the stove! I am totally trying this because we love carrots!