Easy to make slow cooker meatball sliders is a great meal to make for a busy night, perfect for game day grub, or as a delicious appetizer.
A new year and a new recipe on the blog! Great way to start the year with good food that is an easy recipe to prep and to get on the table. Life is busy. We need simple, delicious meals for our families. Slow cooker mini meatball sliders are the answer to all of that.
Slow cooking suppers is the theme for today from #OurFamilyTable group of food bloggers. So, after my simple meatball sliders recipe there will be a list of other delicious crock pot recipes for you to check out.
I am in the habit of making meatballs from scratch – most of the time. It’s how I roll these days. It wasn’t always that way. When my hubby and I were first married, frozen meatballs were so much easier to use. It wasn’t until my mom told me to STOP and told me her secret to making them. Now, keep in mind, my dad was the cook in the family and my mom rarely if ever cooked. She knew how to make meatballs from her grandmother. That was it for me, no more frozen! Until this recipe.
Yes, frozen meatballs, jarred sauce, and Parmesan cheese are the only ingredients that go into the slow cooker for this dish. Once the meatballs and sauce have heated and melded with flavors, you’ll prepare the slider buns and add provolone cheese to the sliders with the meatballs. Don’t like provolone cheese? Use Mozzarella or a blend of Italian cheeses.
See, simple. Of course, you can use your own homemade meatballs and sauce. You can add spices and herbs to the jarred sauce, garlic, and whatever else you may want. But all of that defeats my easy to make recipe for busy nights!
How to Make Slow Cooker Meatball Sliders
I used a favorite jarred sauce and frozen Italian meatballs for this recipe. You can use any frozen meatball you choose: turkey, chicken, or plant-based.
In your slow cooker, add the frozen meatballs.
Add the marinara sauce, covering the meatballs. Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of Parmesan cheese over it all. Put the lid on and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
To serve: Preheat the broiler. I used a baking rack in my baking sheet because I didn’t want the bottoms of the buns to get soggy while in the broiler waiting for the cheese to melt.
Place bun bottoms on baking rack. Top with one meatball and a bit of sauce and add provolone cheese. Place pan in oven and broil until the cheese is melted. Add the bun top and serve.
Slow Cooker Meatball Sliders
- 1 2 pound bag frozen meatballs (beef, turkey, chicken, or plant-based: whichever you like)
- 1 24 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 24 slider buns
- slices of provolone cheese (or mozzarella)
- Place frozen meatballs in slow cooker.
- Pour jar of sauce over the meatballs and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours, or until meatballs are hot throughout.
- To serve: Preheat the broiler. I used a baking rack in my baking sheet because I didn't want the bottoms of the buns to get soggy while in the broiler waiting for the cheese to melt.
- Place bun bottoms on baking rack. Top with one meatball and a bit of sauce and add provolone cheese. Place pan in oven and broil until the cheese is melted. Add the bun top and serve.
Other Slow Cooking Suppers from #OurFamilyTable
- Pulled Pork Chili by That Recipe
- Slow Cooker Asian-Style Pot Roast by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker Chili by Art of Natural Living
- Slow Cooker Cottage Ham by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini and Sausage Soup by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Garlic-Parmesan Chicken by Making Miracles
- Slow Cooker Meatball Sliders by Blogghetti
- Slow Cooker Pork al Pastor by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Vegetarian Chili Mac by Magical Ingredients
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you’re at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Simple, easy comfort food. Perfect for grazing or game day!
My husband and I love meatballs, but I have never thought to just simmer in the sauce in the slow cooker. Perfect for parties, weeknights, anytime really.
Sue Lau says
My family always adores anything meatballs so I know they would love this.
This is simple and easy. It should be great for any weekday or any party too!
Easy recipes are the best!
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng says
I used to use a lot of really good frozen meatballs until the brand was discontinued. Clearly I need to start again!
Ashley Marie Lecker says
What a delicious recipe and perfect for a weeknight. We love meatball sandwiches and these sliders are so good.
Sliders are so fun!! And super easy with precooked meatballs. Which reminds me I need to replenish my freezer with a batch.