This Thai Iced Tea Recipe is so easy to make and tastes just like what you would order at your favorite Thai Restaurant. Read on for the secret to this delicious and refreshing drink.
If you love iced tea, then you’ll want to try this Thai Iced Tea Recipe. The first time I had this iced tea drink I fell in love with it. Sipping on Thai iced tea is definitely a treat for me. I love iced tea and drink it year-round and it’s always unsweetened, which is how I like it. Typically, my iced tea of choice is this hibiscus tea or I will make a homemade peach syrup to use with green iced tea.
Now, I am adding this Thai tea mix to my favorite tea recipes. Of course, I would be remiss not to mention that National Iced Tea Day is coming up on June 10 and #OurFamilyTable is celebrating with our favorite recipes. Check them out below my recipe for this iced tea drink.
What is Thai Iced Tea Made of?
Most Thai restaurants use a Thai tea mix like this one from Pantai that included the strong black tea with spices like star anise, cardamon, cinnamon, and vanilla. The creamy drink also has sugar and some sort of creamer such as half and half, heavy cream, or sweetened condensed milk. You can also use whole milk or coconut milk.
How to Make Thai Tea
This iced tea recipe only has 3 ingredients. That’s it. The loose tea mix, sugar, and half & half creamer.
To make the tea, you will bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan, add 1/2 cup of the Thai tea leaves, 1/3 cup sugar and give it a good mix. Let the tea gently boil for 3 minutes.
Once the 3 minutes is up, remove saucepan from heat, and allow tea to steep at room temperature for 30 – 40 minutes while it is cooling. When it’s cool, strain the tea using a cheesecloth filter like this one. Some readers have mentioned they use a Thai tea filter instead of the cheesecloth.
Fill two tall glasses (these are my favorites for iced tea) with ice and pour tea into them.
Slowly pour about 3 tablespoons of half and half cream into each glass. Give it a stir and enjoy!
Thai Iced Tea
- 1/2 cup Thai tea mix (I use Pantai Tea Mix)
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup sugar (see notes)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons half and half cream (see notes)
- To make the tea, you will bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan, add 1/2 cup of the Thai tea leaves, 1/3 cup sugar and give it a good mix. Let the tea gently boil for 3 minutes.
- Once the 3 minutes is up, remove saucepan from heat, and allow tea to steep at room temperature for 30 – 40 minutes while it is cooling. When it's cool, strain the tea using a cheesecloth filter,
- Fill two tall glasses with ice and pour tea into them.
- Slowly pour about 3 tablespoons of half and half cream into each glass. Give it a stir and enjoy!
Of course, if you prefer to make your own homemade Thai tea mix, this recipe is perfect for that.
Get More Iced Tea Recipes:
- Butterfly Pea Flower Iced Tea Latte from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Pineapple Bubble Tea from That Recipe
- Litchi Black Tea from Magical Ingredients
- Peach Tea Brined Chicken Wingsfrom Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Pineapple Iced Tea from The Freshman Cook
- Thai Iced Tea from Blogghetti
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!Enjoy!