If you’re looking for a delicious homemade apple cake, then Uncle Bob’s Fresh Apple Cake is the recipe you want. This cake is loaded with fresh apples, cinnamon, and walnuts and drizzled with a sweet glaze.
Do you have a favorite apple? I love the Honeycrisp variety and the classic Golden Delicious apples. But when it comes to baking, the Granny Smith is the one I lean towards. Crisp, tart, and holds together wonderfully in a pie or in a cake, like this fresh apple cake.
I have a confession – I love watching Paula Deen cook, it’s entertaining. I rarely make her recipes as most of the classics are just way too high in all things not-good-for-you. Her newer recipes are lighter and healthier so I’m going to give them a go. That being said, this cake is utterly, sinfully delicious. Calories don’t even exist when you bite into this cake that is loaded with fresh baked apples, cinnamon, and walnuts – and a sweet glaze drizzled over it all. Have a slice for breakfast, snack, dessert, or even a meal (I won’t tell.)
I don’t know who Uncle Bob is, but his cake is scrumptious!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Uncle Bob's Fresh Apple Cake
- 3 cups diced Granny Smith apples about 2 apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a Bundt pan or tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the apples, walnuts, vanilla and cinnamon, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a handheld mixer, beat the sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in the apple mixture.
- Pour the batter (it will be thick) into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to fully cool in the pan, about 1 hour, and then turn it out onto a plate.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the glaze: Add confectioner’s sugar, honey and milk to a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Drizzle the cooled cake with the honey glaze, sprinkle the ¼ cup chopped walnuts on top of the cake, and then allow the glaze to set a few minutes before serving.
- Store the cake in a covered container or wrapped tightly and place in refrigerator. Can be stored for 3 to 5 days for best freshness.
- Recipe from Paula Deen.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!