I received this book from the Blogging for Books in exchange for this review. The opinions on the book are 100% my own.
I am always looking for ways to better my health with new recipes and Danielle Walker’s Against all Grain – Celebrations is probably the most healthiest cookbook I own. I may not follow a truly no grain diet but I cut back when I can. The recipes in this cookbook are all gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo with tons of inspiration for not only special occasions but to include in your everyday meals.
Danielle offers tips and strategies to prepping the food for holiday meals including preparing meals for those with special dietary restrictions. Her top ten tips for effortless entertaining will help ease the stress from shopping for the meal to getting it on the table. I was also impressed with the glossary of ingredients and substitutions – a handy guide for any cook.
The book is divided into chapters by holiday or special event beginning with New Year’s and ending with Christmas. Each section has gorgeous photos of nearly every recipe, which is a huge plus for me. I am a visual person so I like to see what the end result looks like before I start. The recipes are simple and easy to understand with notes when a step needs extra explaining. This Vanilla Cake recipe with Buttercream (dairy free) icing is so good.
I love the recipe for Chicken Salad Biscuits and the Maple Pumpkin Pie. Oh, and the Green Bean Casserole – definitely worth making! There are even recipes that are simple enough that kids can assist with such as the Halloween Dirt Cups.
This book has changed my views quite a bit on the “no grain” eating and I’ll be using many of the recipes in every day meals not just holidays.
Because I love this cookbook and know you will too, I am giving ONE lucky person their very own copy of Danielle Walker’s Against all Grains – Celebrations. Entering could not be easier – Simply leave me a comment stating what one food you could not live without is and then complete the Rafflecopter (I promise, it’s painlessly easy). One winner will be randomly chosen and have 48 hours from notification to accept the prize via email.
One lucky winner will receive a copy of Danielle Walker’s Against all Grains – Celebrations.
How to enter and fine-print:
- Submit your entries via the Rafflecopter above.
- Prize cannot be redeemed for cash. No purchase necessary.
- This giveaway is sponsored by me.
- As always, your email will not be shown and will be kept private. Giveaways are open to readers 18 years or older with U.S. shipping addresses only.
- Giveaway Dates: 11/2/16 12 AM EST until 11/11/16 12 AM EST
- Winner will be announced on the blog and also will be contacted via email or private message. To receive the item you will be asked to furnish your name, email, and shipping address. This information will be required so that I can send you your free cookbook.
- Winner will have 48 hours to reply to winning email or another winner will be chosen.
- Your book will be sent via US mail.
- This giveaway is in no way endorsed, affiliated or associated with Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Media Networking Site. This giveaway is valid only in the United States. Entrants must be 18+ years of age to enter. This giveaway will end at 12:00 AM (EST) on 11/11/16!