This Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert will surely be a hit for your next summer get-together. Homemade whipped cream and raspberries with cream cheese make the filling for this dessert. It’ll become a favorite!
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine. Sponsored item used in this post is from Anolon.
I don’t know about you, but I love going to summer picnics or BBQs that are potluck. It’s an easy and delicious way to sample the variety of foods everyone brings – especially the desserts! Summer desserts are always a big hit here in Georgia as the temps can be scorching hot! Gotta cool off someway, somehow!
This week is #SummerDessertWeek and I am participating with 45 bloggers to bring you the best of summer desserts. That’s a whole lot of yumminess! We’re excited to share our recipes every day this week that have been sponsored by amazing companies; who generously sent us samples and have provided a HUGE giveaway with several prize packages to win!
My first recipe this week is this Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert. It’s so simple to make and comes together in no time. It does require a few hours to set and chill but the wait is SO worth it!
Tips for this making this recipe:
While you can use a pie pan to prepare this dessert, it’s much easier to use a springform pan. Using a springform pan will allow you to slice your dessert beautifully and easily. I absolutely love this Anolon springform pan. It’s nonstick, easy to clean plus it’s made of heavy gauge steel so heat distributes evenly and baked goods brown beautifully. #KitchenCreativity is easy with good bakeware!
You can buy graham crackers already in crumb form, it costs a bit more that way. I tend to just buy a box of graham crackers and crush them in a resealable bag with a rolling pin, or with my hands. Takes no time at all.
The recipe calls for frozen raspberries, thawed. As the berries thaw, the liquid left behind will also be used in the recipe. If you have fresh raspberries you can use them. Add them to a bowl with a couple of teaspoons of sugar and let them sit awhile till there is liquid in the bowl.
Be sure your cream cheese is softened, it will blend much better with the pureed raspberries.
Don’t skimp out on making the homemade whipped cream. First, it really only takes a couple of minutes with a electric hand mixer to whip the heavy cream into a thick whipped topping. Also, it tastes so much better than the frozen or canned kind. However, if that’s your preference, no worries – do what you like.
I’ve made this dessert a few times and letting it set in the refrigerator overnight gives it a better consistency and tastes better, too. If you’re short on time, try to chill it for at least 6 hours.
Prepare this dessert the day before and serve chilled to your guests! There won't be a crumb left!
Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert #SummerDessertWeek
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 package 12 oz frozen raspberries, thawed (save liquid from the thawed berries)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 package 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream whipped
- Fresh raspberries and mint optional
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool.
- For the filling: drain raspberries, reserving the liquid. Set berries aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the reserved liquid, cold water and gelatin. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Be sure your cream cheese is softened, it will blend much better with the pureed raspberries.
- Add thawed raspberries and gelatin mixture; beat on low until thoroughly blended.
- Chill until partially set. Watch carefully, as mixture will set up quickly. About 5-10 minutes is all it took for mine to be partially set.
- To make the whipped cream: in a medium bowl pour the one cup of heavy cream and whip with an electric hand mixer until it's thick and the cream has peaks. You can opt to use store bough whipped cream.
- Gently fold in whipped cream. Spoon filling into the crust.
- Chill for 6 hours or overnight.(overnight works best)
- Just before serving, run knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of the springform pan.
- Optional: top with fresh raspberries and mint.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Today’s #SummerDessertWeek recipes!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream from Fake Ginger
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from Nik Snacks
- Butterscotch Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats from Family Around the Table
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Bon Bons from Cooking With Carlee
Pies of Summer:
- Creamy Peach Pie Delight from Who Needs A Cape?
- Key Lime Coconut Pie from Doughmesstic
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Fresh Strawberry Pies from Cheese Curds in Paradise
- Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Coconut Custard Almond Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake from The Beard and The Baker
- Fiesta Lime Cupcakes from My Baking Heart
- Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Drip Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Berries Pavlova Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Buttermilk Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Charlotte A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mermaid Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Vanilla Icebox Cake from Books n’ Cooks
- Peach-Basil Coffee Cake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake from Our Good Life
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Lemon Chiffon Dessert from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake from Desserts Required
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Blogghetti
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Everyday Eileen
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert from Creative Southern Home
- Sea Shell Beach Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mermaid Splash Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake from A Blender Mom
- Cruise Ship Strawberry Crepes from Southern From Scratch
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
- Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake from Shockingly Delicious
- Blackberry Roly Poly from Nancie’s Table
- Strawberry Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Raspberry Custard Bars with Almond from My Sweet Zepol
- Caramel Corn Cheesecake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas from Jen Around the World
- Sunflower Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange Creamsicle Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Viennese Whirls from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mason Jar Caramel Banana Pudding from For the Love of Food
SO many DELICIOUS recipes to try! I’ll be posting two more this week, but be sure to check out all of the bloggers participating each day as many are posting every day!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.