These Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Calzones are perfect for on-the-go morning meals, or light dinner with a salad. Make a double batch and freeze them for busy mornings.
Mornings can be a struggle fitting in good breakfast when everyone is busy getting ready for school and work. It’s easy to just pour a bowl of cereal or grab a pack of pastries and go. Not very filling and can get quite boring after awhile.
The two best things I love about these Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Calzones are that they are filling AND portable. Another great feature of this hand-held breakfast meal is that you can make a double batch, let them cool, and freeze them.
They’re easy to reheat in the microwave or the oven. They last in the refrigerator for about a week and can be easily heated in the microwave. Kids can grab one or two as they run to the bus, and you can grab a couple to take in the car on the way to work.
Now, I am not saying breakfast needs to be eaten on the go all the time, but reality does dictate that at times we run late!
Alternatively, you can make a batch of these for dinner and pair it with a nice salad. Quick and easy dinner for busy nights.
So simple to make using Rhodes Bread dough balls! The little balls of dough can be thawed on a plate for a couple hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Easy! Rhodes Bread products make my life easy, especially when the family wants fresh bread or rolls with a meal.
Back to School Week
It’s hard to believe it’s already time to be talking about going back to school! It seems like summer just flew right by! To celebrate and help get you ready for this busy time, we’ve got loads of great back to school recipe ideas for you, along with an awesome giveaway. Just look for them after the recipe for these Breakfast Calzones.
Tips for Making Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Calzones:
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make as many calzones as you need. You can thaw the dough overnight in the refrigerator overnight or on a plate for a couple of hours.
Once the dough is thawed, roll or pat it into circles. Add your fillings to half of each circle of dough, and then fold over and seal.
Place on sheet pan and brush with egg wash. You can add chopped chives, Parmesan cheese, or whatever seasoning you want to the tops of the calzones.
Once the Breakfast Calzones are baked, let cool a moment before serving. If you are freezing them, allow them to cool on a wire rack completely first.
Change up the fillings by adding sausage or veggies with the eggs and cheese
Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Calzones #Back2School
- 6 Rhodes Dinner Rolls
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican 4 cheese blend or your favorite shredded cheese
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tsp water mixed in
- optional: toppings such as chopped chives Parmesan cheese or parsley
- Allow the Rhodes dough balls to thaw and rise according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare baking sheet. Line baking sheet with a silicon mat, parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Roll out or pat out the dough into circles about 5 inches in diameter.
- Scramble the eggs as you normally would.
- For each calzone, divide the scrambled eggs, ham, and cheese onto one half of each dough circle.
- Fold other half of calzone over fillings and seal using your fingers.
- Place on your prepared baking sheet and brush the tops of each calzone with the egg wash. Sprinkle your toppings on, if using.
- Bake calzones for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool a moment before serving. If freezing, cool completely before placing in freezer safe container.
Don’t forget to check our amazing sponsors and enter the #Back2School giveaway. Also if you missed the Banana Split Smoothie Bowl recipe on Monday, you can find it here. Friday will another favorite ice cream flavor turned smoothie!
#Back2School Recipe Inspiration
It’s hard to believe it’s already time to be talking about going back to school! It seems like summer just flew right by! To celebrate and help get you ready for this busy time, we’ve got loads of great back to school recipe ideas for you, along with an awesome giveaway.
For more amazing #Back2School recipes, please follow our #Back2School Pinterest board. Be sure to also check out my fellow bloggers participating all week long for more delicious dishes!
Blogghetti, Bowl Me Over, Cindy’s Recipes and Writings, Cheese Curd In Paradise, Cooking With Carlee, Doodlecraft, Everyday Eileen, Family Around the Table, Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, Juggling Act Mama, Karen’s Kitchen Stories, Mandatory Mooch, Palatable Pasttime, The Schmidty Wife, and Wendy Polisi.
The giveaway includes the following prizes:
- Omega Pal’s Prize Pack from Barleans
- 1 item (winner’s choice from featured products) from Hamilton Beach
- Cookbook and coupons from Rhodes Bread
- 4 six-pack bags of Crispy Fruit snacks (mixed flavors) from Crispy Green
- Best Sellers Collection Gift Box from The Spice House
- Freezable Lunch Bag + Mod Lunch Bento from PackIt
Official Rules and Conditions: One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Open to US residents 18+ only. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 08/21/2019. Enter using the widget below.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!