The first time I made this dish I wasn’t sure how it would go over with the family. I was surprised at the reactions and have made it again since then. The pork is tender and moist and picks up the flavors from the apples and cinnamon perfectly. The apples and cinnamon make you think you are eating a scrumptious dessert then when you bite into the pork chops it brings a new level of flavor to the mix. I used golden delicious apples as that is what I had typically have on hand but you can use whatever apple you choose.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4-6 boneless pork chops trimmed of visible fat
- 2-3 apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place aluminum foil in a 13x9 baking dish and spray with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter in skillet over med-high heat. Brown pork chops on both sides in butter.
- Put apple slices in bottom of dish. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over apples.
- Place pork chops on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until pork chops are tender and cooked through.
- To serve: place pork chops on serving plate and spoon apples and sauce over chops.
Leave a Reply