This refreshing Blood Orange Strawberry Papaya Daiquiri is made with pureed strawberry papayas, blood orange juice, and fresh lime juice. It’s a delicious drink to sip on and so simple to make.
I received complimentary product from Melissa’s Produce to aid in the creation of the #FreakyFruitsFriday recipes. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #sponsored #MelissasProduce
I was super excited to learn that I would be a part of #FreakyFruitsFriday hosted by Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla and sponsored by Melissa’s Produce. I had only heard of a few of the fruits that were sent to me and the others had me doing some research to see what they were all about. The Freaky Fruits really aren’t freaky as much as they are very cool-looking fruits.
In our boxes we received Kiwano Melons, Passion Fruits, Cherimoya, Rambutans, Dragonfruits, Pomegranates, Strawberry Papayas, Blood Oranges, and Chayote Squash. How many of them have you heard of or tried?
For the next three Fridays, we will be sharing our recipes using the freaky fruits. At the end of this post, you will find the recipes linked up today for the event. They are GOOD! You can also search the #FreakyFruitsFriday hashtag on social media. Also, be sure to follow the #FreakyFruitsFriday Pinterest board.
For today’s recipe, I used the strawberry papayas and the blood oranges in making this daiquiri. Strawberry Papayas are fragrant and juicy, with a hint of fresh peaches and berries. They are really good! To prepare them for eating or using in recipes, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the black seeds from the center before eating the flesh. The fruit can be added to smoothies, other drinks, and even in salads.
Blood oranges were also used in this drink, which are super tasty. The oranges are named for their deep red flesh and rosy color on the skin, Their taste is a blend of juicy, sweet and tart and can be used in creating many recipes including drinks, sorbets, and salads. You peel and eat the blood oranges the same as you would any other orange.
Tips to Make this Recipe:
To make this Blood Orange Strawberry Papaya Daiquiri you will need a blender, fruit, rum, and ice.
I used a vegetable peeler to take off the skin of the papayas, then cut them in half lengthwise. You will need to scoop out the black seeds and then dice the fruit. Place the fruit in the blender and puree it. Pour the pureed strawberry papaya through a strainer to strain out the pulp. Add just the juice (not the pulp) back into the blender.
Once that is done, you can juice the blood oranges and lime, adding that to the blender. Add the rum and about a cup of ice (may need more ice). Blend until desired consistency. Serve and enjoy.
Blood Orange Strawberry Papaya Daiquiri
- 2 whole strawberry papayas, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh blood orange juice
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 3 oz rum
- I used a vegetable peeler to take off the skin of the papayas, then cut them in half lengthwise. You will need to scoop out the black seeds and then dice the fruit.
- Place the fruit in the blender and puree it. Pour the pureed strawberry papaya through a strainer to strain out the pulp. Add just the juice (not the pulp) back into the blender.
- Once that is done, you can juice the blood oranges and lime, adding that to the blender.
- Add the rum and about a cup of ice (may need more ice). Blend until desired consistency. Serve and enjoy.
#FreakyFruitsFriday Recipes for October 4, 2019
- Banana, Papaya, and PassionFruit Muffins by Hezzi-d’s Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Party Punch by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Blood Orange Strawberry Papaya Daiquiri by Blogghetti
- Chayote Squash Enchiladas Suiza by Frugal & Fit
- Chile Lime Shrimp with Cherimoya and Strawberry Papaya by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dragon Fruit Cream Pie by Cooking with Carlee
- Dragon Fruit Salsa by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Dragon Fruit Waldorf Salad by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Blood Orange BBQ Oven Baked Salmon by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Freaky Frutanada by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Rambutan Apple Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Rambutan Marshmallow Sugar Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate by Simple and Savory
- Thai Red Curry Dragon Fruit Chicken Salad by Savory Moments
October 11th is the next Freaky Fruits event!
This recipe is intended for individuals ages 21 & up. Please drink responsibly.
*Disclosure: I received product for free from the sponsor for recipe development, however, I have received no additional compensation for my post. All opinions are my own.
So many delicious fruits in one fun cocktail!
I love blood oranges and strawberry papayas together in cocktails. I’ve used them together in margaritas, but these daiquiris will have to be next!
I can almost taste them from here! What a fabulous fruit combination and now I want a daiquiri!
Wendy Klik says
A perfect frozen concoction. Cheers!!
Amy (Savory Moments) says
This is such a lovely cocktail and it must be so refreshing! I love the flavor combination.