This post is sponsored in conjunction with #EasterBrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #EasterBrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
These Cheddar and Chive Popovers are flaky on the outside and warm, soft and buttery on the inside. Perfect for breakfast and to serve with dinner.
This is my final recipe for #EasterBrunchWeek and it’s not only delicious for brunch, but breakfast, and with dinner. Cheddar and Chive Popovers are light, airy and delicious. Popovers are light, hollow rolls made from an egg batter similar to that of Yorkshire pudding, This was one recipe that I have shied away from in the past. Anything that rises so tall, is so light and airy would surely collapse if I made it.
I’m happy to say that my first attempt was a success! I’ll be making more in the future, you can count on that thanks to `our sponsor, Nordic Ware. Nordic Ware generously sent me an amazing popover pan. I absolutely love it and their products.
This is also the last day to enter the amazing giveaway from our sponsors, you can read all about the sponsors and what they are giving away HERE. Our sponsors include: Eggland’s Best, GROSCHE International, Hamilton Beach, Nordic Ware, Rhodes Bread, Silpat, Stonyfield and Wewalka.
One grand prize winner winner will be receive a prize package winner will be receiving a prize package valued at $200 including coupons from Eggland’s Best, Rhodes Bread, Stonyfield and Wewalka, as well as products from Grosche, Hamilton Beach, and Silpat.
You can enter the giveaway below the recipe.
Tips for this Recipe:
So, these popovers. I mentioned I never made them before because I thought it was going to be complicated. Oh, was I ever WRONG! Easy! Basically the batter is just three simple ingredients, and whatever add in’s you want, like the cheese and chives.
The puffing of the popovers comes from the egg batter which is just eggs, milk, and flour. The hardest part is remembering to poke a hole in the popovers once they come out of the oven so they don’t collapse too soon.
Oh, and not peeking the first 20 minutes while they are in the oven is a major factor to the high puffs.
[socialrocket-tweet quote=”You’ll love these Cheddar and Chive Popovers ” tweet=”These Cheddar and Chive Popovers are flaky on the outside and warm, soft and buttery on the inside. Perfect for breakfast and to serve with dinner. #popovers #cheese #chives #rolls #bread #nordicware #EasterBrunchWeek”]
Cheddar and Chive Popovers
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup chives finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, and grease your popover pan. I sprayed mine with non-stick spray. You can also melt additional butter and brush the melted butter into each popover cup.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in your bowl and set it aside to cool slightly.
- Break the eggs into the same bowl with the butter, and whisk gently.
- Then whisk in the flour, salt, and milk until just combined. You will still have a few lumps and this is okay. You don’t want to over mix the batter.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the cheese and chives into the batter. Again, do not over mix the batter.
- Fill the cups 2/3 full (3/4 full for large popovers), and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. During the fist 20 minutes of baking time DO NOT open the oven. Opening the oven will cause the popovers to collapse.
- After the 15 minutes is up, reduce the oven temp to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 20 minutes, until brown and crusty in appearance.
- When the popovers are done, remove from oven, and immediately make a small slit in the side of each with a knife. This will release the steam and keep the popovers from falling.
- Serve immediately.
“Blogghetti” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Enter the #EasterBrunchWeek Giveaway!
Official Rules and Conditions for the #EasterBrunchWeek Giveaway: One grand prize winner winner will be receive a prize package including items from Eggland’s Best, Grosche, Hamilton Beach, Rhodes Bread, Silpat, Stonyfield and Wewalka. Open to US residents 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered electronically. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 4/20/2019. Enter using the widget below. Comment each day for even more chances to win!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!