Lately I have been a food blogger that hasn’t wanted to cook. I think it’s because it has just been “summer-like” here far too long this year. The weather has finally cooled off and I”m ready to get back into cooking and baking. My family is about to encounter soup season and all things baked. The holidays are coming up, which is my prime baking time and I still want to cook up some quick healthy meals for us without having to give up time baking.
Pulling out one of my cookbooks from the shelf, I found this simple and delicious one-skillet meal and you all know how I feel about my one-pan meals! I love them! This Chicken with Skillet-Roasted Cauliflower & Orzo dish is loaded with flavors and textures and is ready in 20 minutes. Bump the flavor even more by adding grating Parmesan cheese on top.
Chicken with Skillet-Roasted Cauliflower and Orzo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups bite-size fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta 6 oz
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops 4 medium
- 1 can 14.5 oz fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add cauliflower; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add broth, chicken, orzo, green onions and fire-roasted tomatoes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and orzo is tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in spinach. Cover; let stand about 1 minute or until spinach is partially wilted. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.