Delicious Cranberry Almond Biscotti are the perfect treat to have with your morning coffee or tea. The crisp cookie also makes for great gifts to give during the holiday season.
I received complimentary product from Nielsen-Massey Vanillas to aid in the creation of this recipe. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #sponsored
Just when I thought I was finished with baking cookies from last week’s #ChristmasCookies Week, I went on a mini baking frenzy and knocked out a few more recipes. I totally love to bake biscotti and even more than that, I love having a couple with my morning coffee while I am watching the news.
I have been wanting to bake an almond cookie of some type for awhile now, and when Nielsen-Massey Vanillas generously sent me their high quality almond extract, it was meant to be, ya’ll!
This Cranberry Almond Biscotti is so darn good that I really didn’t want to share but I did. I made several batches and froze them. These will be thawed out in a couple of weeks to give as gifts.
Giving cookies as gifts is the best way to #BaketoShare and Nielsen-Massey Vanillas’ Holiday Flavor Bundle makes it easy to bake sweet treats. The bundle includes the Pure Almond Extract I used, plus Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract and Pure Peppermint Extract. All of which are perfect for any holiday baking you may do! I typically bake the first half of December and stock up my freezer with goodies and send everyone in the house away with cookies to give away. I love it!
So, what exactly is biscotti? Biscotti is a crisp cookie that is twice baked – that’s where the extra crispness comes in; which also makes it a great “dunker” for your coffee and tea.
It’s easy to make biscotti and once you do, you will be making it often.
Tips to Make Cranberry Almond Biscotti:
The very first thing you need to know is that your butter need to be COLD.
The rest of the recipe instructions are pretty basic with any cookie recipe. Mixing your dry ingredients together first saves time and then you can add them to your wet ingredients without having to stop to measure.
I keep a ruler in the kitchen specifically for baking purposes. This helps to ensure that the biscotti logs are the right length and thickness prior to baking.
Use a sharp knife to cut the logs into slices. Don’t “saw”, simply cut straight down for each slice.
You can melt some white or dark chocolate and then dip your biscotti in it, if you prefer that. I did that with several of the biscotti recipes I have made.Package Cranberry Almond Biscotti up to give as gifts this holiday season
Cranberry Almond Biscotti
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, unsalted and COLD - cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (I use Nielsen-Massey almond extract)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and almond extract; mix until combine,
- Add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Stir in the dried cranberries and chopped almonds, by hand.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a ball; then flatten each ball into a log about 8-inches long and 3/4 thick.
- Place the logs on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let the logs cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the logs into slices, about one inch thick.
- Place the biscotti, cut side up, on the baking sheet and bake for 12-16 more minutes, until dry. Turning halfway through the time.
- Remove from oven, let biscotti cool on wire rack. They will crispen up but the insides will be soft.
- Store biscotti in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for 3 months.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!