Delicious Tortellini with Pesto and Roasted Vegetables makes a great healthy weeknight meal with a little prep work and cooking time comes in at about 30 minutes. Also, perfect for any meatless meal you may be having.
It’s been a while since I have posted a Meatless Monday meal and this recipe actually started out to have grilled chicken in it, but due to an error on my part (forgot to thaw the chicken out) I changed gears. That being said, if you’re not into meatless meals, add some grilled chicken!
Roasting vegetables is my favorite way of cooking them as the flavors seem to pop whether you roast them in the oven or on the grill. This meal takes no time to cook even with the chopping of the vegetables. Feel free to use store-bought pesto or make your own. I used store-bought and love this brand. The tortellini is a cinch to cook as it is frozen and takes a couple of minutes to be done. Once the vegetables and the pasta are cooked, it is just a matter of tossing the pesto in and dinner is served!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
- 2 medium yellow squash ends trimmed, sliced into half moons
- 1 bunch asparagus cut into half or thirds (trim ends first)
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 large red onion chopped
- 8 oz button mushrooms sliced (slice on the thick side so they don’t overcook)
- 1 10.5 oz pkg. grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 20 oz pkg. frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 – 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup store-bought basil pesto or homemade
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place squash, asparagus, red bell pepper, onion and mushrooms on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, toss to evenly coat.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes, then remove, and add tomatoes and garlic. Mix everything to coat the tomatoes and garlic. Roast 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the tortellini according to the package directions, drain, and place back in pot it was cooked in and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- Remove pan from oven and add spinach and toss, place back in oven to roast 1 minute more, or until spinach has wilted. Remove pan from oven and place contents into pot with tortellini. Toss to mix.
- Add the pest , season with salt and pepper to taste, and then toss to evenly coat.
- Serve warm.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
Leave a Reply