Just four ingredients to make these Easy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies. Use a shortcut to make soft, chewy, and fudgy cookies taste made-from-scratch.
Life without cookies just isn’t right! If you’re like me, you’ve been using up items in your pantry and recipes can become pretty creative. Some turn out and become new favorites while others simply are flops.
I really wanted to bake cookies but didn’t have flour in the house and with everything going on in the world, I wasn’t about to just run into the store for one item. Gotta plan those trips now!
In the pantry I did have a chocolate cake mix which is super easy to turn into CHOCOLATE cookies! Cake mix cookies are the best for spur of the moment cravings or for baking up goodies for holiday trays and care packages.
It’s never been simpler to make cookies with a cake mix. Just four ingredients!
Easy Chocolate recipes are the theme of today’s #OurFamilyTable event and after the recipe for these delicious chocolate cookies you can see even more easy ideas to make.
How to Make Cake Mix Cookies
You need melted butter, a cake mix (in this case, a chocolate one), eggs, and chocolate chips. Once you have those ingredients mixed up in your bowl, use a cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons) of dough for each cookie. Place on baking tray and bake! Done!
Change the chocolate chips for peanut butter ones or whatever you have on hand. Add nuts or even sprinkles. Be creative! If you want to use other flavors of cake mix, do so.
Easy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 1/3 cup melted butter (unsalted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 ounce box chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a baking mat, parchment paper, or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, eggs, and cake mix. I used a wooden spoon. A hand-held mixer could also be used.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons), place dough balls on baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Dot with extra chips, if desired.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies look set. Allow to cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Other Cake Mix Cookies You May Like:
Easy Pink Lemonade Cookies
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies with White Chocolate
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Christmas Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Loaf Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Chocolate Nut Clusters by Art of Natural Living
- Double Chocolate Rye Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Duff’s “The Brownie” by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies by Blogghetti
- Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Tart by That Recipe
- Lunch Lady Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars by Family Around the Table
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars by Making Miracles
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Chocolate Cups by Sweet Beginnings
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse by Veggies First Then Dessert
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you’re at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Ashley Marie Lecker says
I love how simple these cookies are. My kids love cookies, and I know these would be a big hit!
I love how easy these are to whip up, and made with ingredients most of us always have on hand. Definitely trying this next time the grandkids come over.
I love making semi-homemade desserts and the chocolate chips on top put these cookies right on top!
Cake mix is so versatile! It’s always good to have a mix or two on hand for cake, cookies, brownies or other desserts at a moments notice.
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng says
Love the double chocolate! And sure couldn’t be much easier!