Seasoned with herbs and spices these Grilled Shrimp and Sausage with Pineapple Skewers are your answer to a summertime quick and easy dinner.
These days it’s all about how fast I can get dinner on the table without using the oven. It’s so hot, ya’ll! The last thing I want to do when it’s time to make dinner is make dinner!
That’s why I love to use the grill for most or all of the cooking. Grilling at least the main part – the meat! Sides can be done on the stovetop or on the grill. I tend to use foil pans to grill vegetables and potatoes together, drizzle them with some olive oil and add some seasonings while the meat is doing its thing.
#OurFamilyTable Facebook group is celebrating all things Grilling for the Labor Day weekend coming up. Check out the delicious recipes at the bottom of this post.
Getting together may be a little different this days but good food can still be had and grilled. Great sides like this Orzo Pasta Salad, or a simple Apple Cranberry with Pecans Salad plus a simple dessert – Fruity Watermelon Pizza.
Grilling these Shrimp skewers with sausage and pineapple was the best idea of the week. So simple and so quick. In fact, I started the zucchini slices on the grill first before adding the kabobs.
Prep time was longer than cook time!
Preparing the Grilled Shrimp and Sausage Kabobs
Making the grilled shrimp and sausage kabobs is really easy and takes just a few minutes of prep. Start by preheating the grill to medium-high. While the grill is preheating, prep the skewers.
I used X-large shrimp (couldn’t find jumbo or that is what I would have used) that were peeled and deveined with the tails left on. Also used our favorite smoked sausage cut into one inch rounds and chunks of fresh pineapple.
If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them for at least 30 minutes before using them on the grill so they don’t burn. I used metal ones.
Thread the shrimp on the skewer with the sausage in the center and then alternate that with a chunk of pineapple. Season both sides of the filled skewers with Old Bay seasoning.
Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side until the shrimp is opaque. Serve!
Grilled Shrimp and Sausage with Pineapple Skewers
- 1 pound X-Large or Jumbo raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced into one inch pieces
- fresh pineapple chunks
- Old Bay Seasoning
- If you're using wooden skewers, soak them for at least 30 minutes before using them on the grill so they don't burn. I used metal ones.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- I used X-large shrimp (couldn't find jumbo or that is what I would have used) that were peeled and de-veined with the tails left on. OUr favorite smoked sausage cut into one inch rounds and chunks of fresh pineapple.
- Thread the shrimp on the skewer with the sausage in the center and then alternate that with a chunk of pineapple. Season both sides of the filled skewers with Old Bay seasoning.
- Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side until the shrimp is opague. Serve!
- Chicken Gyros by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Greek Steak and Veggie Kabobs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Bacon Gouda Burger by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Grilled Beef and Bacon Roulades by That Recipe
- Grilled Meatball Skewers by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Shrimp and Sausage with Pineapple Skewers by Blogghetti
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos by Making Miracles
- Mixed Seafood Kabobs by Art of Natural Living
- Samurai Steak by Palatable Pastime
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you’re at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
This looks really good. I love how the shrimp hug the sausage.
Ashley Marie Lecker says
What a great flavor combination! I love the idea of the sausage with shrimp and pineapple. These are perfect for summer!
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng says
Love the flavor combos in here! And love that you use some fruit too!
I forget how quickly shrimp cooks, especially on the grill. And grilled pineapple is A-MAZ-ING! And so is the sausage. Yeah, I’d pretty much devour this.
I could totally devour 2 or 3 of these. They look so good and with that sweet pineapple in there. Yum!