In the last few years I have discovered a whole new world using cake mixes to make cookies. My first thought after I got over the ease of using a cake mix was “why didn’t I find this out years ago when my girls were young?!” Think about it, a cake mix has all of the dry ingredients in it as you would use for making cookies from scratch. Just add the eggs and liquid (in lesser amounts) and you’ve got a cookie dough batter. I love making cookies from scratch but sometimes you want cookies just a bit faster!
Since it is Christmas Sweets Week, you’ll be seeing delicious sweets and treats all week long. This event is co-hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the holidays than with food and fun?
25 bloggers from around the country have come together to share some of their favorite sweet Christmas recipes!! Deck the halls and get ready for very merry sweet treats, like fudge, cookies, Christmas morning breakfasts, layer cakes, cocoa, and more! Follow along on social media with our #ChristmasSweetsWeek hashtag. Happy Holidays!
Below the recipe you will find today’s recipes linked up from other bloggers! So much goodness!
How to Make Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies:
- 1 box Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix
- 6 tbsp butter melted OR 6 tbsp oil
- 2 eggs
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Pour cake mix into a medium bowl, add eggs and melted butter - mix till combined. I used a wooden spoon but you can use a hand mixer as well.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball into the powdered sugar. Place onto cookie sheet and bake about 11 - 12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet and then remove to wire cooling rack.
- Note: the cookies will spread out while baking so need to flatten the dough balls.
Enjoy these #ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers:
White Cranberry Moscow Mule from Love and Confections
Sugarplum Pinwheels from Palatable Pastime
Christmas Pastries and Desserts:
Candy Cane Rice Krispies Treats from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Caramel Gingerbread Cupcakes from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bread from Sweet Beginnings
Easy Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies from Blogghetti
Powdered Sugar Pound Cake with Pecans from Shockingly Delicious
Snow Globe Cake from The Redhead Baker
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!