These Oven Baked Chicken Bites are simple to make and packed with flavor with herbs and spices. From start to finish, this dish is ready in under 30 minutes.
The summer is heating up and that means it’s time to start to think of quick meals that won’t heat the kitchen up, too. The amount of time my oven is on in the summer is pretty low and with dishes like this Easy Oven Baked Chicken Bites, I’m a happy girl. The entire recipe, from start to finish takes less than 30 minutes.
Chicken recipes are very much a staple in my house. We probably have chicken 3 times a week, and that means I need to be on my game to make it not boring.
I wanted to make a healthier chicken nugget and saw this recipe and instantly was drooling over the herbs and spices. Nuggets without bread crumbs is a winner when we want to watch the carbs! You won’t even miss the breadcrumbs with the seasoning mix on the cut up chicken breast pieces.
How to Make Oven Baked Chicken Bites
When I said this recipe is easy, I meant it’s super easy. Mix up the seasonings in a small bowl.
Take chicken breast and cut into 1 inch pieces and then season the bites with the herb and spice mixture. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over it and toss.
Dot with a bit of butter and bake till done. I like to turn the broiler on the last couple of minutes to get the chicken bites a bit more crispy.
Oven Baked Chicken Bites
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (more if you like)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine all seasonings.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces.
- Arrange chicken in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and sprinkle with the seasoning mix.
- Drizzle ONE tablespoon olive oil over the chicken and toss to coat on all sides.
- Dot the chicken with the butter pieces.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, or until cooked through. Halfway through cooking time stir the chicken bites. For crispier chicken bites, turn the broiler on high for the last 2 minutes of cooking until golden brown.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Stay connected for the latest recipes
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
Katherines Corner says
that looks delish! Thank you for being an awesome hostess xo