This easy to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Bark is the perfect sweet treat for the holidays and gift-giving for all of your chocolate-peanut butter loving friends.
If you’re like me, you find that you need a small gift for someone or need to bring something to an event at the last minute. This easy peanut butter chocolate swirl bark recipe is perfect for either of those situations. I always keep on hand the ingredients to make simple candy recipes such as this one.
Today, the #OurFamilyTable group of bloggers are sharing easy candy recipes; that means you’ll have even more simple and delicious sweet treats to share with family and friends. Check them out below this recipe for chocolate peanut butter bark.
For more easy candy treats check out my Christmas Grinch Bark that I made last year, or these soft buttery homemade caramels that were really simple to make. An easy sweet and salty candy treat to make for the holidays are these Festive Pretzel Treats.
Tips to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Bark:
For the chocolate base, you can use whatever melting chocolate you have or like. If you prefer dark chocolate, use it. I like a milk chocolate with peanut butter so that is what I used. Make sure the chocolate you use is of good quality and melts easily. When melting any chocolate, follow the package directions is key.
To melt the peanut butter chips, I do it in the microwave at half power in 20 second increments. Mixing after each 20 seconds, until melted and smooth. I added in about 2 teaspoons of melted coconut oil to help smooth out the peanut butter goodness.
If you can’t find the mini peanut butter cup candy, you can use regular size ones and just cut them up into pieces.
If you have the time, let the candy bark set at room temperature for a couple of hours before breaking into pieces. Alternatively, if you are short on time, you can refrigerate the candy until set.
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Bark
- 8 oz good quality milk chocolate
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 2-3 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
- Place parchment paper on a large sheet pan. Set aside.
- Follow the package directions for melting the milk chocolate. I microwaved mine at half power in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Spread in an even layer on the parchment paper, it will NOT cover the pan. (see picture in post above).
- Melt peanut butter chips in a microwave safe bowl by microwaving at half power in 20 second intervals, stirring until melted. The chips should be smooth and run off the spoon easily. If yours seem too thick, stir in a 2-3 teaspoons of melted coconut oil to thin it out.
- Drizzle the melted peanut butter chips on top of chocolate. Run a toothpick knife through the peanut butter in a circular motion to get the swirl effect.
- Sprinkle evenly with peanut butter cups. Let the candy set at room temperature, for 1 to 2 hours or until firm. Break or cut into serving size pieces.
More Easy Candy Recipes:
- Chocolate Raspberry Truffles by That Recipe
- Easy Homemade Chocolate Truffles by Family Around the Table
- Easy Keto Pralines by Our Good Life
- Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Bark by Blogghetti
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Homemade Salted Caramels by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Hot Cocoa Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pecan Turtles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pistachio Brittle without Corn Syrup by Art of Natural Living
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!