You’re only 3 ingredients away from a delicious light and fluffy dessert. This Easy Strawberry Mousse Dessert is made with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream.
I can’t even begin to tell you how simple and delicious this strawberry dessert is! Then there is the fact there is only THREE ingredients to making this sweet treat. It really is a quick recipe.
This is my first recipe for #BerryWeek – Thursday I’ll be sharing an upside down cake with blueberries, and then on Friday a simply delicious blackberry cobbler – my favorite. I am participating in this Berry Week event with fellow food bloggers from our Festive Foodies Facebook group. All week you can follow the #BerryWeek tag on social media to see what we’ve been sharing. Each day there will also be a list of recipes at the bottom of our posts, too.
Easy to Make Strawberry Mousse Dessert Tips:
I love this no bake strawberry dessert recipe because it comes together so easily that you can prepare it the morning of the day you want to serve it and it’s ready when you are after a bit of chill time.
My biggest tip for this recipe is to make sure you bowl is super COLD before you whip the cream. I do this by adding ice to my bowl and let it sit out for a bit. When I’m ready to whip the cream, I dump the ice out and dry the bowl.
This is a recipe that can altered to double or triple the recipe to serve more people. The recipe as is will make 4 one-cup servings. I used small glasses that held about a cup of liquid to serve the mousse in.
Be sure to set aside 1/2 cup of the puree. This will be used in the bottom of the dessert glasses.
When whipping the cream, there are a few methods. I used my stand mixer to do the work. An electric hand held mixer will work and also you can choose to use a whisk and do it by hand.
[socialrocket-tweet quote=”Super easy and quick dessert with fresh strawberries!” tweet=”You’re only 3 ingredients away from a delicious light and fluffy dessert. This Easy Strawberry Mousse Dessert is made with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream. #strawberry #dessert #berryweek #easy #mousse” style_id=”default”]
Easy Strawberry Mousse Dessert
- 1 pint (about 2 1/2 cups) strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup VERY COLD heavy whipping cream
- small whole strawberries for garnish, optional
- Make sure your mixing bowl is very cold before you start the recipe. I usually will fill my bowl with ice and let it sit while I prepare the strawberry puree. Then, emptu the ice and dry the bowl before using to make the whipped cream.
- Trim green tops off of strawberries. Slice fruit. Place strawberry slices and sugar in a blender. Puree the fruit. Reserve 1/2 cup of the strawberry puree.
- In a cold bowl add the whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form. You can use a stand mixer, electric hand mixer, or by hand with a whisk. Then lightly fold in the remaining puree (not the reserved 1/2 cup) gently.
- Using the reserved strawberry puree, divide it between the 4 small (one cup capacity) glasses and top each with the strawberry mousse. Refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving. Garnish with whole small strawberries.
“Blogghetti” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Monday Berry Week Recipes
- Berries and Cream Angel Food Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blackberry Dumplings by Eat Move Make
- Blackberry Lemon Sweet Rolls by Sweet Beginnings
- Blueberry, Basil and Goat Cheese Galette by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Easy Strawberry Mousse Dessert by Blogghetti
- Four Berry Jam by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris by The Redhead Baker
- Mixed Berry Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Raspberry Ribbon Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Strawberries and Cream Scones by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegan Strawberry Pistachio Crisp by The Baking Fairy
- Very Berry Salsa by The Freshman Cook
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!