These are the most moist and delicious homemade carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting ever. Each cupcake is filled with shredded carrots, crushed pineapples, and coconut flakes. So much goodness.
Welcome to this month’s Food Fight! Fantastical Food Fight is a group of bloggers who will get a theme or ingredient each month and make some sort of variation for it. It could be traditional or nontraditional recipe from a cookbook, a blog, or the blogger’s own creation. This is my first month participating and I lucked out! This month’s theme is Carrot Cake! You can see the other blogger’s creations at the end of this post.
I’ve never made carrot cake, eaten my share of it, but never have I made one from scratch. Armed with a new cookbook, with the perfect recipe for carrot cake, I was ready! I went with the cupcake form of carrot cake and they turned out simply delicious.
If you don’t frost the cupcakes, can you call them carrot cake muffins and have them for breakfast? Well, I say yes to that but frosting them is even better AND you can still have them for breakfast. No judgement.
These homemade carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting would be a wonderful addition to your Easter dessert table or bake a batch up just because.
This is the best carrot cupcake recipe I have ever tried and I won’t try another! Moist carrot cake cupcakes are the best and this recipe doesn’t disappoint.
How to Make Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Is this carrot cake cupcake recipe easy? YES. The homemade cream cheese frosting is just as easy too to make.
The hardest part (and it really wasn’t hard) was to shred the carrots. Yes, I could have used a food processor, but I found using the grater was just fine and less clean up too.
Once your carrots are grated, you can combine your dry ingredients of flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, and sugar together until light and yellow in color. Then stir in your carrots, pineapples, coconut, and pecans. Add in the flour mixture gradually, combining after each addition.
Fill your prepared muffin pan (lined with paper liners) about 2/3 of the way full.
Bake and then let cool completely before frosting.
The recipe is simple to follow and the cupcakes turn out moist and full of flavor. I used this cream cheese frosting recipe to top each of the cupcakes.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Homemade Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 pound carrots shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, and sugar together until light and yellow in color. This takes about 3 minutes.
- Then, stir in carrots, pineapples, coconut, and pecans.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, combining after each addition.
- Fill the muffin cups about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake for 22 – 26 minutes. Test with a toothpick, and note that when lightly touched, the cake will spring back a bit. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting and decorate as desired. Makes 24 cupcakes
- Recipe from the Cookbook, Daisy Bakes Cakes.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!