Yesterday I shared with you a Jazzed Up White Cake that I made for my husband’s birthday earlier this month, I wanted to share with you what I think is the Best Cream Cheese Frosting ever. It’s not rocket science and I didn’t create it but I will never use another recipe for the frosting again. It’s been my go-to cream cheese frosting for years and I can’t believe I haven’t put it on the blog before. I can’t even tell you who I got the recipe from but after searching on the internet, I see it’s very popular among many sites.
- I pkg 8 oz Reduced Fat Cream Cheese (use regular cream cheese if you desire)
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted and at room temperature (very soft)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 - 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- Beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix well. Add enough powdered sugar until you have the frosting the consistency you want. I use about 3 1/2 cups.
- This will frost a 13 x 9 cake easily as well as about 24 cupcakes. For two layer cakes, you make want to double the recipe, depending on how much frosting you want on your cakes.
- To use as a glaze for cakes, use less powdered sugar and add small amounts of milk (use 1 tablespoon to start) at a time until you have the consistency you want as a glaze.