Classes have ended for the semester and it is time to get started on my “to do” list that has been neglected lately. One of the items on that list was to organize my pantry and what a job that was! Have you organized your pantry lately? It’s a chore that I tend to overlook until I can’t anymore. My pantry has wire shelving and some items tend to fall through the slats on the shelf or fall over. I had bought some self-adhesive floor tiles from the Family Dollar store not too long ago for the sole purpose of using them in the pantry. Using a razor knife to cut them to fit where needed I placed them on all shelves. Now everything stands up and won’t fall through. Easy! I failed to take pictures but I first saw the idea on Pinterest.
While taking the items out of the pantry I found a lemon cake mix and lemon pudding mix and all of a sudden I had a craving for lemon pound cake. I found this recipe on the back of the cake mix box years ago but it had been a minute since I made it. This is such an easy recipe and the cake is full of lemon flavor and so moist. The lemon glaze tops it off perfectly.
- For the cake:
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 3.4 oz. package instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- For the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar sifted
- 2-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt or 9 inch loaf pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and lemon extract in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40 - 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake on wire rack for 25 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- To make the glaze: combine the powdered sugar and 2 tbsp lemon juice until smooth. Adding 1 tbsp of lemon juice at a time till the glaze is your desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake and let set till hardened.